Falling in place!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by nattles19, Sep 30, 2009.

1. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Sep 30, 2009

I love how things finally start to fall into place this time of year. I am getting the picture of who my students are as people and learners and our classroom community is starting to click.

At the end of May I was bemoaning the loss of the nearly perfect class I was saying goodbye to. I doubt any class will ever be as great, but this class is coming close. It's starting to make me think that maybe part of it's my doing. ;)

I also think I'm finally back in the swing of things and getting plans done far enough ahead of time to enjoy my evenings and weekends. It feels good!

Anyone else feeling really positive about this school year??

3. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Sep 30, 2009

I am!! :)

I like going to work this year--- a lot more than I did last year. Of course my caseload will change and shift several times before the year is out, but I have hiiigh hopes. :D

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Oct 1, 2009

I really like some of my classes and I'm learning to like the rest. One class in particular-- 10 boys, 4 girls-- requires a lot of love, patience, and attention.

Last year was my first year teaching, so I was spending a lot of time just getting to know the curriculum. This year I'm able to spend more time getting to know each of the students and its made a big difference.

5. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2009

uggggg I feel like I am still in sink or swim mode!! I think it was the reality of October 1st and not being fully in my routine and having basic assessments fnished yet!! eek!!!

6. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Oct 1, 2009

I'm always sad at the end of the year, those kids belonged to me for a year, I loved them and taught them for a year of their lives... it's a great feeling though.

You've been successful, enjoy the fruits of your labor.

7. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Oct 2, 2009

This is where I was until I finally did finish my reading assessments. We started late this year because we had all of our inservices before the kids started (lame idea, by the way) and it totally threw me off.

When I finally finished my assessments I had such a better picture of what I had to work with. It calmed me down and got me motivated to pull the rest together!