Falling Asleep Early Too Often

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 7, 2013

I used to be such a night owl & not that I don't still stay up late sometimes, but since moving to my apt 1.5 yrs ago, I don't know what's happened. Overall, I often like to lay down in the early evening for "a few minutes" to rest. Well, more often than I expected, it's turned into styaing in bed a lot longer than that or the rest of the night. I'm talking when it's still during the 9pm, even 8pm hour.

I still just go to work & have online grad school, like I always have. I don't get up any earlier. I guess I'm really that tired.

3. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Dec 7, 2013

I usually go to bed by 9:30. I'm up at 5:30. Some nights I'm in bed by 8.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2013

I go up to bed at 9:00 almost every night (the past couple of weeks, it has been earlier than that several times). I read for a bit, but my lights are off by 9:30. During the week, I'm up, without an alarm, at 5:00.

I've always been an early bird and have always wondered how some people can be up until past midnight and still function at work the next day. Enjoy the sleep, Ms I!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2013

Your body rythym sometimes just changes.

In my 20's, I could stay up all night. (Literally. I used to waitress in a pub. My friend and I would work a Saturday night till 4 am, clean up, have a drink, to out to the diner for breakfast, then hit 7 am mass before going home to bed.) Those days are gone. Now New Years Eve is sometimes a struggle.

Andit's particularly prominent in Winter. Those long cold winter nights make me just want to curl up under the covers.

As long as you're not spending an excessive number of hours asleep, don't sweat it and enjoy these early mornings.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 8, 2013

One of the perks of living by myself is getting to keep my own schedule. If you're still getting everything accomplished and feeling okay, do what you want.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 8, 2013

Well, this change seems to be happening ever since I moved to my place. But don't get me wrong, I still stay up very late many days. Last night, I stayed up until 2 something AM.

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 8, 2013

I don't go to bed early unless I'm sick, but I'll stay in bed late any chance I get. I awoke to ice this morning, so I can't make it to church. Main roads are just wet, but making it to the main road would be interesting!

It's 12:20, and I'm still in bed. Been awake since 7:30, but I am still in bed because I can be.

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2013

I get up at 5:18 (well, I do hit that snooze button at least once). When I get home I nap from 4:30 to 6:30. Then I am back to bed by 10:30. I am exhausted by the end of the school day. It´s such a mental job that we have, constantly dealing with things that come, and teaching on top of it! We are ¨on¨ the entire school day, and it leaves one very, very tired.