Fall Writing activity for B.B.

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by LATechTeacher, Sep 24, 2007.

1. LATechTeacher

LATechTeacher Companion

Sep 24, 2007

I teach a 4/5th grade class, and I would like to come up with an activity I can use to put on my bulletin board. Any ideas?

3. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Sep 24, 2007

Well, we did: We're Falling Into Books! I took a picture of each student with my digital camera and printed them out. Then, I had each student choose their favorite book, and write the title and author's name on the left side of an open book graphic. On the right side, I pasted the picture and the kids wrote their full names under it. The word We're is at the top left of the bulletin board. The word Falling was stapled so that it looks like the letters are tumbling down the center of the board. The words Into Books are at the bottom right of the board, and the kids picture/books and different colors of dye cut leaves are every which way all over the board (like autumn leaves). Could you do something like this, only have the kids do a book report on their favorite book?

Here's the link to a picture of my board: http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=45892

Hope this helps!

4. LATechTeacher

LATechTeacher Companion

Sep 24, 2007

Thanks! That is a good idea!

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Sep 24, 2007

Hafta support a fellow alum of my hubby's!