Fall Vacation Ideas

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mstnteacherlady, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jun 25, 2009

DF and I will be getting married in Oct. Where should we go for our honeymoon? Neither one of us really has something in mind that we just can't live without, so we're trying to get together several ideas and go from there. Any suggestions?

3. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

What about a cruise? Theya re awesome and you can probably find some good deals!

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 26, 2009

Go to an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas, Cancun, just about anywhere Caribbean. Since you're honeymooners these places will cater to your privacy. You won't have to worry about getting ready to leave your ship nor will you have to watch your time while off of it. The resort we went to didn't have any kids there at all which was paradise for me. I don't mean to sound like I hate kids, of course, I don't. I just didn't want to have to feel like I needed to hold in my words when a parent was being neglectful or a child was being a brat.

We went to Cancun last summer for the third time, and if you feel like doing something you can, there's para sailing, zip-line, Chicken Itza, infinity pools, spas, just about anything your heart desires. All your drinks are included, the food is beautiful and delicious, the beach is incredible, even more beautiful than Hawaii.

PM me if you'd like to know where we stayed.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 26, 2009

Well, those who know me KNOW I'm going to suggest Disney World.

But depending on your tastes and budget, consider London-- it's a fabulous city!!!

6. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jun 26, 2009

Do you like nature/outdoors?

I don't know where you are located, but maybe something like camping or just some R&R at a bed and breakfast where the two of you can enjoy the beautiful autumn weather.

Maybe even something like Jackson Hole.

7. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 26, 2009

My sister and her husband go to the Smoky Mountains every year in October-Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg

8. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jun 26, 2009

Cruises are WONDERFUL! And October is coming to the end of hurricane season (So less chance of cancellation.)

But what about New England with the color changes?

9. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jun 26, 2009

Lots of good ideas! Ahh! I want to go on a honeymoon every week in October! haha

10. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jun 26, 2009

We do, too. It's an easy vaca since we're from TN. :D Love it!

11. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 26, 2009

Cruises are great for a honeymoon - that is what we did and it was the perfect honeymoon. But of course there is always the risk of hurricanes. Maybe a Mexican (Pacific) cruise? I've been on one and those are nice.

I was also going to suggest the east coast with the color changes. Went there one year in Oct. and it was spectacular esp. if you don't live in that area.

Sounds like lots of good ideas. What is your general location? Disneyland in CA would be fun, also the Napa wine country is very beautiful and romantic, lots of B/B there, and San Francisco not far away.

12. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 26, 2009

What is that??...I vote for the all inclusive resort...or Disney World!

13. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Jun 26, 2009

San Francisco is a romantic spot!! Not sure where you live in the US. I'm going in October and got a pretty cheap airfare.

14. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 26, 2009

15. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jun 26, 2009

As a cruise addict, I say go on a cruise. The weather in the Caribbean is beautiful then and the kids are in school! You set your own schedule and never even get off the ship if you don't want to.