Fall Festival

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by sharon122, Sep 21, 2007.

1. sharon122

sharon122 Rookie

Sep 21, 2007

Any ideas about setting up stations to welcome fall? I did this 2 years ago and of course can not find the file.
    At one station they baked apple pie. Another was a fall word search. I had a math, poetry, and language arts as well as a writing component. I'd appreciate any ideas that you may have. ( Why reinvent the wheel??!!)
    Thanks!

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 21, 2007

I hope everyone gets to help bake the pie! I would be bummed if I was doing a word search and my friend got to make a pie with the teacher!

I think doing some kind of leave sorting would be cool. They could classify by type, color, etc. I'm thinking of something like attribute blocks, but with leaves. You could have them do venn diagrams, make a pattern that connects by attribute: green oak, green elm, orange elm, red elm, red oak, etc.

How about reading on some fall traditions from around the world? Harvests, and things like that. Comprehension questions to go with it, or a writing prompt like, what are some fall traditions in your family?

Set out paint in fall colors and let them press leaves.

4. sharon122

sharon122 Rookie

Sep 21, 2007

Thanks!

Hahaha - Yes - we have several baking stations!!
    Thanks so much for sharing.

5. grade2rocks

grade2rocks Rookie

Sep 21, 2007

Making a print using apple slices and red/green/yellow tempra.

Math-estimate the weight, circumference of pumpkins and then actually measure.