Fall craft activity ideas

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by calalily18, Oct 1, 2007.

1. calalily18

calalily18 Rookie

Oct 1, 2007

Hello
    I am looking for some fun fall/Halloween craft ideas for my fifth grade class to do on or about Halloween. I dont want to spend a lot of money, but I dont mind buying some things. If you have any great ideas please share.

3. ms.olivia

ms.olivia New Member

Oct 4, 2007

I just posted on the fourth grade board about some halloween crafts. I thought it would be a fun idea to decorate trick or treating bags (the bags could be paper, canvas, or burlap sacks). They could decorate them with glitter, fabric paint, and pom poms. You could talk about the history of trick or treating while they are decorating and ask everyone to talk about their halloween plans.

I think it would be really cool to get the kids going some kind of charity work. You could talk to them about less fortunate people and the homeless. There are no sew scarves that you could easily and inexpensively prepare for the kids to make and donate to the homeless. If you cut rectanges of polar fleece and cut fringe along all the ends then the kids can go across and tie knots in the fringe and they will wind up with a scarf. It is easy for them to do and it is a great way to get them thinking about others and they will feel proud to help.