Fall Bulletin Board Ideas

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Jamey123, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Jamey123

Jamey123 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006

I have to do a fall bulletin board for the hallway for the whole school. Last year I did a pumpkin patch, but I wanted to do something more creative this year. We can't do any holiday themes either!! Any ideas for a fall bulletin?? HELP!:D

3. cb4pebbles

cb4pebbles Companion

Sep 19, 2006

I have used the following in 3rd and 1st, but you could tweak it to fit your needs. The board is decorated with leaves, acorns, and a tree with a squirrel poking it's head out of the hole in the tree. It says:

We're "nuts" about (School/3rd Grade/____ Elementary)

4. Jamey123

Jamey123 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006

Thanks for the post. That is a cute idea to do for the fall bulletin board.

5. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Sep 19, 2006

My bulletin board has a big basket of apples and apples all around. It says Apple Week is a Bushel of Fun. You could change the title to something similar. I will only keep this one for a couple more weeks though and then change it to something more spooky.

6. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Sep 19, 2006

Oh, I also have done a Check This Out board for fall. It has a tree with leaves made of checked paper of all different colors. I used scrapbook paper for the leaves. So cute!

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Sep 20, 2006

I know you didn't want to do a pumpkin theme again this year but here is what I've done for my board the past two years and loved it. First, I have the kids cut out pumkins and write rhyming words on them ( I tell them what words to choose). Next we play a matching game in class where they have to find their partner that rhymes with their word. When I put them on the bullitin board I scatter them around and add a sign, Pumpkin Patch, Pumpkin Patch, Take a Look and Find a Match. I also have a sign that says: Hint-ryming words have the same ending sounds. Then it becomes a game for the whole school, and kids can find rhyming words when they walk by the room. I also use twisted tissue paper as the vine, and it turns out really cute!

8. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Sep 20, 2006

how about if you did one where you used the schools TEACHERS as the faces on SCARECROWS? I bet the kids and parents would love it, you can put dresses on the female scarecrows and overalls on the guy ones, etc....

9. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 20, 2006

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might also try putting a pumpkin patch other bottom with their faces in the pumpkin. TOO GREAT!

10. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 20, 2006

OK, that reminds me of my 4th grade teacher who made tombstones for something, and used teachers in the school with HILARIOUS ways they died. We got SUCH a kick out of it!!!

11. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

Oct 1, 2006

I did a bulletin board for the whole school and i did "A Collection of Nutty Stories" and i had my class write a short story about something "fall" related. Then i had acorns as my border and i had a big tree. Coming off the tree were long brances and on the branches i put a squirrel holding each story. It is the CUTEST bulletin board and i have gotten tons of compliments.

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2006

Scarecrow combinations:
    I have a scarecrow pattern, several patterns of wallpaper for shirt, pants, hats. I work out the numbers so each kid will make a different scarecrow. This year I have 18 kids so I could have 2 hat choices, 3 shirt choices and 3 pants choices. (2X3X3=18). We would do the math problem solving to figure out all the different combinations of outfits and then each kid makes one.

Scarecrow glyphs:

http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/1991.html