Fall 2011 TV Shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Sep 13, 2011.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Oct 16, 2011

WOW. That is a lot of TV time. I have like 2 shows that I watch in a week and like you, I have to record them because there just are not enough hours in a day.

2. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Oct 16, 2011

I always have had a TV and I always have one playing in the background. It is something that I grew up listening to as kind of background music. But, like you, I am always multitasking while the TV is on. I very seldom sit and just watch TV.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 16, 2011

This is me! I have only two or three 'must sees' but end up taping them due to not having enough hours in a day! I really don't have an interest in watching too much on tv...my life is full enough without spending endless hours on tv shows...there are just other things I'd rather be doing.. Even when I do watch the taped shows, I'm folding laundry, or checking email, or grading papers! :D

4. GAteacher87

GAteacher87 Companion

Oct 16, 2011

I moved out of the house I shared with my ex and into a new apartment, and I have yet to get cable. In fact, I don't think I'm going to. I don't have TIME to watch shows as a first year teacher, and if I do want to watch something, I have the Internet. When I can, watch Glee, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Community, and Up All Night (new show). I really loved LOST and I enjoy watching How I Met Your Mother on DVD.

5. bros

bros Phenom

Oct 16, 2011

Person of Interest is great so far (The end of the most recent episode was probably the best scene in the show so far)

Terra Nova is entertaining, nothing special, just a fun show.

The new season of Psych is shaping up to be good (judging by the first ep)

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 17, 2011

Yes, I'm loving Revenge! I think it's my favorite of all the new shows I watch & I record several or more shows 6 days/wk (except Sat).

I also like Hart of Dixie, Ringer, & The Next Great Artist. I can't wait for a LOT more that will be starting up, including Project Accessory, Fear Factor, & Animal Phobia.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2011

The only shows I watch, other than the news, are

How I Met your Mother
    Big Bang Theory

and, my guilty pleasure: The Real Housewives.

8. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Oct 17, 2011

I ended up picking up more new shows this season than I meant to. I was looking forward to watching less TV. The new shows I'm liking so far are: Suburgatory, The New Girl, and Person of Interest. Other shows I watch are House, The Sing-Off, NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, Glee, Parenthood, Harry's Law, SVU, The Big Bang Theory, Psych, Dr. Who, and Sister Wives. I think what's throwing me off are that I'm used to some of those being summer shows, but the networks they are on gave them full runs this year, so it seems like I'm watching more. I watch 1-2 shows in the morning while I work out, maybe 1 each night unless I'm busy, then on Saturday I watch the rest while I grade or clean or whatever.

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 17, 2011

OK, I'll admit my guilty pleasure...The Walking Dead.

I know, right?! But it really is so much more than zombie gore. Yes, there is a lot of that, but the people stories are so interesting. It's deliciously scary, and so compelling. It premiered last October, and it has been a long wait til this October for season 2. But so worth it!

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2011

The last show I really made an effort to watch was The West Wing. That was some amazing writing!! You couldn't watch it and do anything else; it simply moved too quickly to have anything but your full attention. It was probably the best example I can think of of a "smart" TV show.

11. bros

bros Phenom

Oct 17, 2011

Walking dead is great.

Also this season of fringe is pretty good

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 18, 2011

Is that the zombie one? If so, I JUST heard about it and am disappointed that I haven't heard of it earlier. Love zombie movies and video games. :D

13. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Oct 18, 2011

It is Peachy. They are replaying last season quite often, and there were only 7 or 8 episodes, so you haven't missed much. Basically, the plot is the main guy, the sheriff, was shot, and was in a coma. During his coma, something happened to mankind, turning almost everyone into a "walker". He went to Atlanta, but found conditions there to be the worst, so he hooked up with a group of people living outside of the city. There he reunited with his wife, son, and best friend (who was now sleeping with his wife). They tried going to the CDC in Atlanta, but the one person maintaining the compound blew it up, so they again had to leave, which is where the season premiere picked up.

Very good show!