Faking it!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Learner4Life, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Aug 22, 2012

(Man I really come up with some dirty thread titles and I don't even mean it!!!)
    SOOOOO I was reading the celebratory thread for the 1st year teachers today (Congrats by the way) and read a couple of people in a row that said they still struggle with the idea that they got the job for a reason! I do too BUT this article made me feel better about the idea.

Feel Like You're Faking It: Might Not Be a Bad Thing

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Aug 22, 2012

Good advice. I always feel like I'm walking on eggshells around people because they'll think I don't really belong in this profession or feel that because something didn't work out, that I must be a failure as a teacher.

It's hard to ignore those feelings, and those tend to be my high-stress points.

4. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Aug 22, 2012

I definitely relate to this, too. It's particularly weird being a student teacher because I'm different things to different people. How does my mentor teacher see me? How does the rest of the faculty see me? What about the students?

But I agree that faking it 'til you make it is a good way to be. I have adopted that attitude in most situations that make me uncomfortable. Just walk in like you own the place!