Faith of a child

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by teachng exp, Jul 10, 2007.

1. teachng exp

teachng exp New Member

Jul 10, 2007

Hi everyone, I'm a new member. I am teacher in training for elementary students. I have a strong desire to teach our elementary age children about faith in God. I have seen the faith of a child an it is so awesome. The bible talks about child-like and even as adults we need to have child-like faith. Children love unconditional, no matter how mommy and dad may discipline them or how a favorite teacher may discipline them.

I believe it is so important to teach our children to pray and introduction to the bible. The nurturing of a child's educational needs is so important, but we as parents, teachers, pastors, can not neglect the nurturing of a child's spiritual growth as well.

3. ABC07

ABC07 Rookie

Jul 11, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the forum. :D
    I too am in training to be a teacher with about a year to go. I also agree that we must never forget that our students need more from us than book knowledge. In public school we may not be able to outright teach the students about God and His love, but we can live it everyday.
    No matter what is going on in our personal lives we must show the students as well as our co-workers the love of God. :love:

4. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 11, 2007

"School sponsorship of a religious message is impermissible because it sends the ancillary message to members of the audience who are nonadherents that they are outsiders, not full members of the political community, and an accompanying message to adherents that they are insiders, favored members of the political community. " U.S. Supreme Court ruling, Santa Fe v. Doe, (2000).

I hope that you pursue a religious school environment to teach children about God. I strongly believe in not promoting religions in public schools. I feel is not the job of a teacher to teach spirituality,but rather it is the parental guardians responsibility. These days in public school, a teacher can be dismissed from her job if they teach children about the bible or praying. It's not like you can't discuss religion with your students, but you should never impose what you believe to your students b/c it can be very disrespectful to them if they come from a family that doesn't believe what you believe is true. Just a thought.....

5. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 11, 2007

I forgot to add that you should teach "Sunday School" at your church. :love: