~Faith in God~

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Poisontipped, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Poisontipped

Poisontipped Rookie

Dec 4, 2006

I have never asked for a prayer before, and it does feel weird for some reason. But here I go.

I am a Christian and am very much "practising" by being a Eucharistic Minister, involved in school masses and opening/closing the school chapel every so often.

However, a recent turn in events has happened, I won't explain the details (because I cant bring myself to) but coupled with depression, anxiety and other mental (I hate the word illness so i'll use "setback") have caused my faith in god to literally shatter. I am about 5% of what I was before things turned bad. I dont pray and I really dont want to be associated with any type of religion anymore. Whether these are results of depression or I am literally thinking this way, I need clarity of my thoughts and what I want in life...

So if you could spare a thought for me, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 4, 2006

Poisontipped - I edited the word 'prey' to read 'pray'. Hope that's okay.

I have my own various reasons for losing faith in the Catholic church, though not in God. I, too, was once very active, but now don't even attend mass. I will pray for your faith to be restored.

4. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Dec 4, 2006

I don't know if this will help you or not but god says if you praise him in the storms it will make you stronger and your relationship with him stronger. sometimes when I am having a really bad time with life i first just imerse myself in prayer for about an hour and ask god to help me without losing faith and then i am usually in tears the whole hour and then i ask for guidence after you ask for guidence spend at least 30 minutes thumbing through the bible until your verse or chapter jumps out at you with your answers. everytime you read a passage if you allow him to godd shines a new light on the same stories. there are answers you have never paid any attention to. I will pray for you and your fresh breath from the lord.

5. munchkin

munchkin Cohort

Dec 4, 2006

sorry that you are going through dark times, poisontipped. Please know that even in the darkest of times, there is hope/light, even if it seems far away. too far. Know that this in itself, is God. Cling to it. Try and keep your heart and mind open to the possiblity of goodness even if its just looking at something that brings you peace/solitude for a short time. Know that this,too, is a gift from Him. If he didn't exist, there would be nothing. Remember prayer as just a conversation with a dear friend, and let that be enough for now. More will come later as you gain strength again.

6. countrygal

countrygal Rookie

Dec 5, 2006

Here are some words to a song that came to me tonight. I was going to send them in an email to a friend, but I think you might like to hear them too.
    "When you feel you're all alone, just praise His name. When you feel you can't go on, just lift your hands and say, "Greater is He that lives within me, and He will take the pain away."

God doesn't promise us that the storms won't come, but He does promise us that He will never leave our side. I experience that this year when my dad was going through cancer. I went through a horrible down time. A time when I questioned everything. It was then that I felt God reach out to me. Even when I felt like there was no hope. God was there. I found out throughout it that God was closer than I ever realized. I believe that God uses those situations for us to realize who He is. He just wants us to trust in Him. Don't turn your back on Him, turn to Him! He is all you will ever need.

7. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 5, 2006

sometimes these setbacks are tests for our faith in God. Just remember that it will pass. You don't need to go to a church to pray. You can do that anywhere you feel comfortable. Even if you don't pray..... it's ok. There are other ways to communicate with God.

8. Jess101

Jess101 New Member

Dec 6, 2006

It is OK to ask for pray. We all need to at some time or another. I will being praying for you. God will be your strenghth if you will allow him. Do NOT give up.

9. Poisontipped

Poisontipped Rookie

Dec 12, 2006

Thanks for the prayers people!

10. Jess101

Jess101 New Member

Dec 13, 2006

no prob