Failed FTCE Social Science 6-12 Test

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Lois DeBolt, May 16, 2017.

1. Lois DeBolt

Lois DeBolt Guest

May 16, 2017

Just failed the FTCE Social Science 6-12 test. The exam to me was misleading. Even though I studied, it felt like the questions did not align with my knowledge based on what I did study. REA practice test did not even come close to the real test. I am going to take it again in a month, but want advice. What should I study? What practice tests align with the actual test? How often does the FTCE test change? Will it be the same test? I look forward to any advice or information that can benefit me for a successful pass. The road to certification will become expensive if I do not pass. PLEASE HELP!

3. Cym

Cym Rookie

Jul 25, 2017

Lois,
    I am studying for the same exam. Maybe we can study together. I don't know how to send private messages through this forum.

4. Confuzzled

Confuzzled New Member

Jul 31, 2017

Hi guys,

I took and passed the Social Sciences 6-12 exam about a year ago. It's one of the harder exams to study for, because it's basically a trivia test. I suggest going through each of the competencies listed on the test information guide on the FTCE website, as well as studying an AP-level guide for US History, Economics, World History, and European History. Good luck!

5. Lynn0612

Lynn0612 Rookie

Sep 4, 2017

I'm studying too! I'm happy to share my notes that I've gathered from online and other sources. I've ordered the XAM study guide as well. I can't figure out how to PM!

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 4, 2017

The forum is set up to block private messaging for new members until they rack up a certain number of public posts. I'm not sure what the number is, but I do know that none of you is anywhere near the number required. There might be something I can do, however, if you're willing.

Confuzzled's advice is good - though, since Florida seems to include explicit teaching practice in its subject-matter exams, one might also do well to look for materials on the FLDOE website that address the teaching of social science.

7. Cym

Cym Rookie

Sep 24, 2017

It would be nice if we could send PM. Just on this page alone 2 people are trying to PM. Still studying for the exam. If anyone wants to reach out, maybe the moderator TeacherGroupie can connect us!

8. Cym

Cym Rookie

Sep 24, 2017

maybe you can reach me at missbobsj at gmail dot com