facebook?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by puff5655, Apr 7, 2006.

1. puff5655

puff5655 Cohort

Apr 7, 2006

does anyone here (thats still in college) have facebook??

3. TexasAggie2323

TexasAggie2323 Comrade

Apr 7, 2006

I do, and when I look at some of the other "teachers" facebooks with them drunk off their *** and dry humping each other it makes me sad.

4. leannwade

leannwade Rookie

Apr 8, 2006

i have a facebook, but it's not like that.

5. CorrieLea

CorrieLea New Member

Apr 8, 2006

I am also on Facebook and while many of my friends have questionable material on their profiles, I've made an effort to keep mine clean. I don't think all students realize that Facebook is not only viewed by students. Our school's faculty (and even campus police force) view Facebook (Some even have profiles of their own.) I've actually found this beneficial - communication with professors, advisors, etc. is much easier and faster, and it's also helpful to know their interests and involvement outside of class. Besides people on campus, community members (aka potential employers, coworkers) can and do view profiles on Facebook. My point? Watch yourself. You can still have fun and be yourself with your profile (personality is a plus) but keep the vulgar and otherwise inappropriate content out.

6. puff5655

puff5655 Cohort

Apr 9, 2006

Wow, I had no idea there was stuff like that on there! I think it really is great for keeping in touch with professors and meeting other students in your courses.. It's also really nice having all the events listed on there.

7. CorrieLea

CorrieLea New Member

Apr 9, 2006

yeah, i agree. and i liked the search feature. i found seveal of my high school classmates whom i haven't communicated with in years. it was nice to touch base with them and see what they were up to.

8. AFWifeNTeacher

AFWifeNTeacher New Member

Apr 11, 2006

I'm on facebook. I think if you have things that are too bad to post on facebook you should rethink doing those things. If our concern was on our actions and not getting caught we wouldnt even have this discussion you know?

9. CorrieLea

CorrieLea New Member

Apr 12, 2006

I completely agree, especially for teachers/future teachers. Community-wide, teachers are expected to be role models. That's just part of it. High expectations in all areas come with the territory. But I think that's true for everybody - If you don't want people to know that you do it, you shouldn't do it. Period.

10. outnumbered

outnumbered Rookie

Apr 23, 2006

I do. I also heard that some schools around my area are checking your facebook page!! I am not a "party-type-of-guy" so I don't have anything on there to worry about, but it is kinda funny I think. Most of the people, no matter what their major, post all their party pics and brag about how wasted they got over the weekend or who they hooked up with with no worries.
    Now, finally their future employers will get better look at who they are.
    But as I am typing this I would like to predict a lot of, "It was just a phase in college" responses. lol

so, if you have any "questionable" material on your facebook, may want to clean it up a bit!!