Facebook Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by DrivingPigeon, Jul 13, 2013.

1. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 13, 2013

My biggest peeve... chewing someone out on FB and all kinds of foul language. Either let them have it to their face or just shut up.

I don't understand all of the self portraits in the restroom or the car EVERYDAY or EVERY HOUR. I did just post one of me and my sweet brother (in the car - not the bathroom LOL) but RARELY do I post ANY pics of me. I'm usually behind the camera. ;)

2. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 13, 2013

I just saw the funniest post from one of my FB friends. Talk about pet peeves!

"I'm not sure there is anything more vomit inducing than pictures of babies with food all over their face. I can handle blood and gore all day, but show me a baby with food on their face, puke city!

This is not to say I think babies are gross (okay, maybe a little) or that I have a problem with parents posting these kinds of pictures on my News Feed. I'm just thinking out loud.
    Signed, Turned Tummy"

I read this and thought of all of you!

3. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 13, 2013

Therein lies the quandary. :) What some people find "irritating" (e.g. pictures of food) others find appealing. :)

Facebook is for EVERYBODY! :) It's like an ice cream buffet!

(But with only the crowds and none of the calories) ;)

4. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jul 13, 2013

My FB pet peeve is liking your own status! A girl I know likes every status that she posts, and she posts several a day. Of course you like it, you posted it!!!

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 13, 2013

The serial duck face selfies in the dirty bathroom is really the only thing that really gets on my nerves.

6. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 13, 2013

Haha yes... I have a few of those, as well. :)

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 13, 2013

But...my status is usually so cool... I figured I can pursuade others to like it if I like it first :blush: :rolleyes:

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 13, 2013

Oh, and if someone blocks me for posting pictures of my adorable doggy then they truly have no soul. :p

9. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2013

Another Facebook friend just reminded me that in her mid-thirties, she rivals my sister in dramatic and vague statuses. She posts at least once per week something like: "UGH! Some ppl r just horrible gets on my nerves!!"

And a lot of this sort: "WHY do I even try?!?! Tired of being a doormat. U think your special but I have feelings to."

Falls into the "can't turn away from a train wreck" category, for sure. :dizzy:

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 13, 2013

Someone just posted, "Wow"!!

Umm, wow what??? Could you be a little more specific? Or do you just want 90 people asking you why you are wowing? Geesh, I seem more sane every day! :D

11. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 14, 2013

1. Selfies in the car review mirror. Drive already!

2. Linking Twitter to FB.

3. Recipes

Everything else I'm ok with!

12. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2013

Those kinds of posts make me wonder if the person is paying any attention to the here and now?? These must be the people who are constantly on their phone during social situations! :rolleyes:

13. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2013

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I have one FB acquaintance I won't ever delete because of the trainwreck updates she shares! I'm curious to see how long she'll continue potentially ruining any future employment opportunities in the real world! :whistle:

14. Curiouscat

Curiouscat Comrade

Jul 14, 2013

Then after 90 people ask, they still don't tell. They will even respond with some comment but not tell why!

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 14, 2013

Of course! That's the drama element!

16. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 14, 2013

I generally don't mind what people post as long as it is clean. Keep the sex, drugs and bad language out and I'm cool. If this is you, I will hide it a few times, then I will delete. Oh and be nice. The world is negative enough.

After this ^, I don't care if you post a picture of your kids, animals, recipes, gym dates, bathroom mirror, toes, or whatever you want to post. I might not care about every one of those statuses, but I don't mind them being posted.

The vague posts bug me too but not significantly so.

17. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Jul 14, 2013

18. Ted

Ted Habitué

Jul 14, 2013

19. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 14, 2013

I have someone that I had to hide from my newsfeed because her "adult humor" pictures and love of tattooed people (generally mostly naked fully tattooed people) was several per day and it just became too much for me. I just felt like I had to scroll through all her stuff to get to everything else. So I've hidden her from my newsfeed and once in a while I look on her page to see what she's up to.

As far as photos, the thing that annoys me is when people post 50-100 photos of one random event (like a trip to the zoo or a baseball game) and most of the photos are bad. Now, if you got married and you want to post lots of photos of that, by all means, go for it, it was a big day! And if you want to post 1-10 photos almost every day of your kid/dog/hubby I'm fine with that too. I just don't think anyone on FB really wants to see 75 photos of your kids baseball game.

20. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 14, 2013

I give myself a 3 picture limit when posting. I have a cousin who will add 90 or more pics...i don' t have that kind of time on my hands lol

21. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2013

We have threads here about 'what's for dinner' and new restaurants in our area, along with other discussions looking for recipes, menu ideas, French fry condiments....fb isn't any different. Like all things online, if you don't like it, it's easy enough to ignore...I think it's actually MUCH EASIER to ignore posts on fb- just block that person from your newsfeed.:2cents:

22. Mrs.Giggles

Mrs.Giggles Companion

Jul 15, 2013

This reminds me of a quote I once read. "Liking your own status is like high fiving yourself in public." :lol:

I really don't have many pet peeves on Facebook. I only got irritated once when an old friend of mine was upset with me. Instead of talking to me about, she'd post status updates such as, "It's really sad when you think you know somebody, and then you realize that they are just immature and selfish." When I didn't respond back to her status she then posted, "Ignoring things will not solve the problem. Let's be grownups here." Keep in mind her and I had grown apart over the past two years or so. I was so close to calling her up and giving her a piece of my mind (which is rare for me as I'm usually known as the girl who is "too nice" or a "pushover"). However, my husband told me to just take the high road and completely wash my hands clean of her. I love it when he is the level-headed one in our marriage!

I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is that my pet peeve is when people air out their private problems with someone using Facebook.

23. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 15, 2013

Mrs. Giggles, I have never been on the receiving end of that but I do have a few friends that make references like that about others and while I don't know who they are talking about, it irritates me and makes them look immature.

24. Mrs.Giggles

Mrs.Giggles Companion

Jul 19, 2013

I know the last post was on Monday, but I just can't help but share this.

First, please know that I am 100% supportive of breastfeeding. However, I believe sometimes things are TMI even when it is something good. I just opened up my Facebook to see this status.

"Yay my milk came in! Now to some of you this may seem dull but you've never had to breast-feed ****'s fat baby....so you're opinion is irrelevant :)"

Please know that I am truly happy for her, but I just don't know if I'd tell all of FB that. However, to each his own. :)

25. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Jul 19, 2013

BAHAHAHAHHA! If I was drinking something when I read this, I'd have a wet keyboard right now!

There is a Facebook page called STFU Parents based on a blog of the same name. The writer highlights people who share just this kind of thing. Parents oversharing about bodily functions of themselves and their children, people hijacking other peoples' posts with their own concerns, writing statuses to children too young to read them...if you need a good laugh, check it out.

26. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Jul 19, 2013

The passive/aggressive attacks. I'm very familiar with them. I agree. They deserve their own shelf in the Immaturity Hall of Fame.

27. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Jul 19, 2013

I hate the constant recipes and somecards...seriously, go to Pinterest for that.

I've blocked three people from my newsfeed. One who thinks that all Republicans are stupid and evil and was constantly posting political stuff and one who thinks that Democrats are stupid and evil and was constantly posting political stuff.

I blocked my cousin because she was constantly complaining about her knee, back, head, throat, stomach hurting. And she would complain about how the ER would no longer give her pain meds (because they think she is a drug addict I'm sure). One post was about how she took her two daughters out to the mall to shop and for dinner and the next day she was so exhausted she couldn't get out of bed. Amazingly enough, she's never too exhausted to go out with her friends.

And I don't like the passive/aggressive "You know who I'm talking about" crap. I do quite enjoy those on facebook and twitter that flat out tag who they are talking about.

But song lyrics, scriptures, ridiculous number of pet and/or kid photos don't bother me.

28. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2013

That you're is what offended you, isn't it? :lol: It would have driven me batty.

29. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 19, 2013

You think posting recipies is bad...my neighbor is worse. All her posts are about how hungry she is and how she "needs fooooooooooodd"! There is a grocery store 5 minutes away...go buy some lol

30. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2013

My fiancee and I are guilty of posting recipes...but that was a fun thing we started doing when we were first dating. He would send me ones that he thought we should try. :) My mom found that endlessly amusing.