Facebook Group for Praxis Math 5732 / 5733 / 5003

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Tim C, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Tim C

Tim C Rookie

Oct 11, 2019

I created a new Facebook group for these Praxis Math tests. We are small, but are slowly growing. Am I permitted to share the link to it here?

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Oct 11, 2019

Tim C, if I can assume that you are the same Tim C from the other recent post:
    www.wyzant.com/tutors/TimCTutor, I would assume that the same rules that prohibit self promoting would be in effect. If in doubt, you might try posting your question here but add @TeacherGroupie. You will get a much more authoritative answer yeah or nay.

4. Tim C

Tim C Rookie

Oct 11, 2019

@TeacherGroupie

The Facebook group itself is not an attempt an self-promotion, and I clearly state that in the Facebook group's description. In all of my posts to the group, I don't ever push tutoring by me. It is just a forum for discussing the best resources to use, encouragement and discussion, and I give tips and tricks on helping people pass that I have learned through my own experiences tutoring the Praxis. The group itself is not a promotion vehicle; I already get enough business through the company I work for part-time.

I created the group out of a desire to have a group that didn't self-promote, since several of the other Facebook groups only push their own product or tutoring services, and those aren't necessarily the best resources available. In their groups, they don't even permit links to other websites that could potentially be helpful to someone, lest that drive business away from their company.

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Oct 11, 2019

Like I said, the person to talk to is @TeacherGroupie . Now that I have written the name a couple of times, perhaps we will get an answer. I can understand what you are saying, but I have absolutely no authority - @TeacherGroupie, on the other hand, does. Good luck.

6. Tim C

Tim C Rookie

Oct 11, 2019

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 12, 2019

Clicks on a website that has ads help pay for that website. That is probably one reason that the owner of A to Z Teacher Stuff - which encompasses much more than just these forums - takes a dim view of members overtly directing traffic away from the site to sites or pages in the members' control. To be sure, that dim view lightens a bit in the case of members who have established a solid history of helpfulness right here on A to Z. An example that you'd find congenial in terms of subject matter would be innovationguy back around 2005 or so, when his posts here on CSET single subject math topics were fairly regular, instructive, and sometimes slyly hilarious. I think his conversations with Malcolm and a couple of other members have been archived, but they might still be accessible.

Tim C, I'm fairly certain that the site owner wouldn't think you have that sort of track record yet.