Fabulous Math Website for printable games etc.

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by lemonhead, Oct 14, 2009.

1. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Oct 14, 2009

I guess I have been living under a rock.

I found this site last week and have used so many things already. We have prescriptive teaching time each day and must do hands on activities, games and the like. I run things off on colored cardstock and have them laminated.

It's a goldmine. Check it out:)

www.mathwire.com

I did a search just now on A-Z and I did see it mentioned. Apparently I missed those post in the past.

Enjoy:)

P.S. I use the a-to z search on the website to find what I need. My kids love the "I have who has" and the "domino parking lot" game. Today we did the money trading up game.

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Oct 15, 2009

This is the first I have seen this website, also. It's great!

4. newbie0809

newbie0809 Companion

Oct 15, 2009

I've done the Elf glyph. It's fun they have others too like pumpkin, gingerbread man. Look those up on the site. BUT I never explored it past that and didnt know that they had so many printable games and activities. Definately a site I will use!

5. TulipsGirl

TulipsGirl Cohort

Oct 15, 2009

Wow!

This site is so huge and I'm so excited about finding ideas here that I had to tear myself away, so that I go to sleep at a decent hour.
    Lemonhead: I like the A-Z search option, too - this way I can always know what I'm up to in touring the site.

Love the math template. I can see myself making awhole bunch and keeping them in an accordion folder to pull out whenever I want.

Can you tell me how to play "I have, who has?"

6. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Oct 15, 2009

Everyone gets a card, let's say we are doing addition. The first person, doesn't matter who, says what is on his or her card.

ie.

I have 14
    Who has 3+9?

The person with 12 would read their card and it would have a 12 on it and then a question. SO what they say is:

I have 12.
    Who has 9+9?

And you keep going until you go full circle. The first time through it will take you a while but then you do it again and try to beat your time. The first time I played and I have Who has game this year, it was place value and it took us 7 minutes for 20 cards. We then kept our same cards and did it again. It only took us 2.5 minutes the second time.

It the set of cards is bigger than the number of kids you have, you as a teacher can take the extras or you can pass out the extras to some of your higher kids so they have two cards.

Once somebody says their card, I have them put it upsidedown on their desk so if we get stuck, I can tell who went already.