Extreme Couponing...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by DizneeTeachR, Jan 5, 2011.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 6, 2011

Ooh... we've used coupons from Disney Movie Rewards to get movies the first week they are out. We've been able to get the blu ray, dvd , & sometimes the digital copy for the same price as just the DVD!!!

I sent it to my sis who used it for a friend...they don't have a blu ray yet, but if they move to it then they'll have movies for it...

2. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2011

I used to coupon like this...

I would use the "overage" from doubling to help pay for other items I didn't have coupons for. I still do this sometimes- usually on things that don't expire (like detergent- I usually don't have more than 20 bottles at a time) or things we will really use. If I don't use it, I will send it to the food bank.

couponmom.com & moneysavingmom.com are two of the sites I use.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

4. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jan 7, 2011

grrr I have installed the coupon printers so many times on this mac and it never works. No wonder I don't use coupons as much as I want.....

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jan 7, 2011

My store has limits on most sale items, such as a limit of 4 on the 99 cent Ajax laundry detergent that was on sale this week. We also can't use computer-generated coupons. But they do double up to $1.00, which is great.

Dh and I basically shop from the circular and only buy things not on sale that we really need. We plan our dinners around the meats that are on sale, and I stock up on goods when they are on sale (I got 4 Ajax detergents even though I didn't have a coupon...and it was free and clear version). This past weekend, between on sale items and coupons, I saved over $80!

6. KDS

KDS Companion

Jan 7, 2011

the grocery chain that dominated in South Texas does NOT double coupon and you can only use one coupon per product (ie: cant use national and local together). The cards are sort of stacked against the coupon user.
    Although i work a decent game with them. Last week i saved about $40 in coupons.
    I have used the savings as a explanation to my son how we can afford things. If he wants a new video game, we have to save enough in coupons to get one etc etc. So he is working on being a coupon kid....as long as it is enough for a used game at GameStop. :p

7. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jan 7, 2011

My best coupon ever...my son won a pair of boots. We returned them to the store for a store credit. He then picked out a pair of show boots that he really liked and wanted. Under normal conditions, I would have NEVER paid the $300 price that they wanted. They were on sale for $145. I had a coupon for a third off the sale price. That place the boots at 96.00. Then with the store credit and it being tax free weekend, his $300 boots cost me $4.16.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 7, 2011

Way to go, mrachelle! The odds were definitely in your favor when you used that coupon!