EXTREME behavior issues...@ my whits end

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by hdavidson, Sep 25, 2007.

1. hdavidson

hdavidson Companion

Sep 25, 2007

I am having issues with two of my students. From what I have been told from past teachers both of these students have had issues in the past.
    Student 1 - makes animal noises all day long, is up out of his seat dancing and cheering during instruction... i have spoke with the students to let them know I need them to ignore the behavior, he has been in trouble in my room, i've had conference with mom, he has already been suspended... i don't know what else to do

Student 2 - again, up roaming around and doing just as he wants all day long, i have gone as far as doing a home visit, since all 5 phone numbers from the past few years don't work and he hasn't filled out any of the paper work from day 1. he too has been suspended from the bus and have had numerous write ups to the principal.

Anyone who has ANY suggestions would be appreciated

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Sep 25, 2007

Do you have a school social worker that could help you out?

4. hdavidson

hdavidson Companion

Sep 25, 2007

we have 2 guidance counselors, one of them has visited every day for a few minutes to check on them, one of them has 2 mentors as well... nothing seems to get through to them

5. janlee

janlee Devotee

Sep 25, 2007

If you ask me it is time for the school psychologist to visit. Why did your school permit this to go on for so long?

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 25, 2007

I too am confused why these students have been allowed to continuing to attend school if their behavior is like this. Could you try a weight jacket? I know that someone has suggested that for an ADHD student. I'm not sure if your school would even allow it. But it's something to try. After having to carry the jacket around, they'll soon tire of walking around. As for the noises, there was a student last year that did that. He; however, didn't realize he was making the noises and he really couldn't stop himself. The teacher separated him from the rest of the group so he couldn't see them and they couldn't see him.