Experienced teacher, but still SO nervous!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by collteach, Jul 7, 2010.

1. collteach

collteach Comrade

Jul 7, 2010

I have a job interview tomorrow for my dream job in my dream school, and I am so nervous! I have 4 years experience teaching this grade level, and 2 of those years was in this system. However, it is has been 4 years since I left, and I feel so out of it! I recently completed my Master's, and I still don't feel prepared. I have been reading these boards like crazy, and I know that once I am in the interview I will be fine, but I just might lose my mind waiting :) I have been so fortunate in my teaching career to do really well in every interview, and with every interview, I have had a job offer. So, I am waiting for my lucky streak to end, and I really don't want it to end now! :eek:

Thank you for listening to me vent!

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 7, 2010

Take a deep breath and walk into that interview with all of these wonderful, positive points about yourself. This is your dream job, but you are their dream candidate. You know their school system and have improved your educational standing since you were last in it. You have the answers to their questions in a forthright but not glib manner.

Most importantly, you have all of us in your head as your cheering section. Go Team Collteach!

4. collteach

collteach Comrade

Jul 7, 2010

Thank you!! I know I am a wonderful, effective, caring teacher who would be an asset to any school faculty...I just have to hope that I can get that across to the interviewers :) I am also hoping that my MAEd doesn't work against me since it is not in the most traditional field...it is in Instructional Technology. While the program was designed to prepare us for jobs as technology facilitators, I also feel it will be a HUGE help in the regular classroom as our focus in most courses was on integrating technology and designing high-quality instruction.

I am so glad to have a busy day today to keep my mind from worrying. I get to pick up my daughter and mother from the airport about 2 hours away...I haven't seen my baby girl (she is 6) for almost 2 weeks. I miss her and spending time with her today will be a great distraction :)

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2010

Take a deep breath! You are going to be great. You know teaching!! Just remember to take a moment before you answer the questions. I have no doubt that you will be great in your interview.
    You may want to think through some possible questions they may ask you during your interview so that you are more confident when answering the questions.
    Classroom management
    Differentiation
    Literacy block
    Parent communication
    etc.
    Hang in there!

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 7, 2010

I think that's a perfect degree to have in this day and age! If anything, you are poised to bring the school forward into the newest technology available to them. That's such a plus in your favor.