Exhausted!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Marci07, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Sep 6, 2010

I've been up since 6 am working non-stop to get ready for tomorrow, which is the first day with students. The problem is that every time I think I've finished with something from my list, I find something else that needs to be done. I just can't seem to stop thinking about work.:dizzy:

3. Ladybug Teacher

Ladybug Teacher Companion

Sep 6, 2010

You should give yourself a break and enjoy your last night of summer. Though I know the feeling...we were in 2 days only last week and now's the first long week and I'm going crazy prepping. Good luck tomorrow! :)

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2010

I know how you're feeling, Marci! I did most of my prep for the first few days over a week ago, knowing that there is always something else to get in the way. I planned on doing more school work this weekend than I did, but decided to take advantage of the ability to just put my feet up during the day--it'll be a long time before that happens again!

5. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Sep 6, 2010

I learned to do what you need to do for the 1st day and then stop. You will always find something to do in your classroom. Finish what you need just for tomorrow and take a break! = ) Relax, take a bubble bath, watch trashy tv heh

6. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 6, 2010

That's what I did, and I had a great first day!

7. Rachael84

Rachael84 Rookie

Sep 6, 2010

I'm in the same exact position!! just try to give yourself a break once in a while. i'm in a new school, so I have lots of pressure to have EVERYTHING done by Wednesday when it's the kids' first day. I have to get way more done than I ever had compared to my former school.

All i've been dreaming about is work, since I go to sleep knowing I have more to do, lol.

8. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Sep 6, 2010

I'm going for a bubble bath.:rolleyes:

9. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Sep 6, 2010

Ugh, I know the feeling. Kids come in at 8:45 tomorrow morning, and my room is not ready! I only teach afternoons, but the morning teacher is bound to undo half my work if I don't come in before her and make sure she doesn't while she's in the process of emptying the boxes she has left...