Exam Edge ...

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by cru6614, Jan 17, 2012.

1. cru6614

cru6614 New Member

Jan 17, 2012

has anyone heard or used this company to take FTCE practice exams? i was thinking about using them to help my study for the Prof. Ed, ESE, and Business, but don't know how credible they are. Any help would be great!!!!

3. ebinca

ebinca New Member

Apr 12, 2015

A little late now to reply since your original post was in 2011! However, I am wondering the same thing - if anyone has used Exam Edge to study for a CSET exam. There are so many different study tools out there, a person could literally go broke purchasing them all! So I, like you, am trying to decide which ones are worth the moola. Thanks!

4. 2good

2good Rookie

Apr 15, 2015

I used Exam Edge for my Praxis 1 test, the tests seemed to help me, but I also took a workshop class at a community college. I never bought the bundled packs only one test a time like once a month. I saved that way because I only bought three or four tests. When it calculated my scores I would always be about 5-10 points lower than the actual exam, so to me their tests were more difficult, which I liked. I took a free test from Exam Edge for my content area yesterday and passed, so I will look at trying them again for Praxis II.

5. gaylestuff

gaylestuff Rookie

Apr 20, 2015

I used ExamEdge

I have used ExamEdge for 3 exams. Middle Grades Math, Business Education and Middle Grades Science. I used them exclusively for the Business Ed and Science exams. I passed all 3 on the first try. I feel ExamEdge really helped me with the exams. Especially for the price.

I will add... I only purchased one of their "bundles" for the Math test. I didn't use all of the test in the bundle, so I only purchased one or two tests at a time for the Science and Business tests.

I also scored lower on the ExamEdge tests than the real ones.

6. CKG7783

CKG7783 New Member

Apr 21, 2015

I was seriously just about to post a question about exam edge... I'll be taking my social studies praxis again next month and need 12 points to pass. I'm desperate at this point and willing to try it if it helps me. I was thinking about just bitting the bullet and ordering the 20 test for $100.00.the sample test I took seems to be right in line with the praxis questions I've run across on my test. Praying it helps, I'm on a deadline to pass this test. I need a job for the upcoming school year

7. OldSoul

OldSoul Rookie

Apr 28, 2015

I used Exam Edge for the Praxis II Earth and Space Science Exam (5571). I would say it is definitely worth the money and it did help me on the test. I used a college-level textbook and corresponding study guide workbook to study from and then tested my knowledge with the 5 test bundle the month of the test, taking 1 or 2 tests a week. I plan on using it for future tests as well.

8. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

May 16, 2015

Bump Bump Bump...

I am thinking of using this as well for Social Studies I am taking the Praxis again this summer.

Any more reviews? Would you recommend?

9. DAH

DAH Companion

Aug 5, 2015

Ebina: Did you use Exam Edge, then take the test? I'm curious how helpful it was?

Thanks for responding

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 5, 2015

What test are you contemplating, DAH?

11. rbag

rbag Rookie

Aug 10, 2015

I used Exam Edge, and I didn't find their questions particularly useful for the CSET social science exam. Neither the question topics nor the question style seemed very relevant, and the proportion of questions from the varying subjects also seemed off. I did purchase some Exam Edge practice exams before taking the actual CSET, but I don't think they were very useful in the end. I went through a lot of different study guides and materials, and I would say that for me the ABSOLUTELY MOST helpful tool was Teachers Test Prep. I also found the Kaplan AP test guides useful. I took and passed all three social science subtests in one sitting and I do think those tools helped me a lot.

Good luck!!

Tiffany Brown likes this.
  12. history

history Companion

Dec 23, 2015

Has anyone used it for the FTCE Professional Education Test and if so how did it compare to the actual exam?

13. frteach

frteach Rookie

Dec 31, 2015

I am studying for World and US History 5941 and bought a bundle of practice tests from Exam Edge. I am really liking them. I have brought my score up dramatically in a fairly short amount of time, so I feel like they are helping guide my studying to my weak areas. I hope that what I read elsewhere is true, that their tests are harder than the real one, because they are quite difficult.

14. history

history Companion

Jan 1, 2016

frteach
    I noticed when taking the tests for the PET that the questions were poorly worded and at times made no sense.
    I would score 62-64% almost everytime. Do you know if exam edge PET test is that much harder than the real one and instead of a 60 on the real exam i can pass with a higher score ?

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 1, 2016

PET is a different test, history: you'll find discussions of tests like it in the Other Tests subforum.

16. frteach

frteach Rookie

Jan 1, 2016

I really can't even say for sure that they are harder, since I haven't taken the praxis test yet to compare. I had read in a couple of places that people said that they were harder. I'm taking my test in two weeks, so I'll be able to say for sure after that.

17. frteach

frteach Rookie

Jan 15, 2016

Took my World and US History test today so I do feel like I can now speak about these practice tests. They were super helpful to me for the style of wording in the questions as well as the material on the test. I did feel like they were harder than the actual test, which is good. I never scored higher than a 150 on any practice test from Exam Edge but I scored 170 on the actual test.
    I highly recommend them if you are having trouble with a particular subject area.

18. RSA1984

RSA1984 Rookie

Jan 15, 2016

I found the practice exams from this service to be of good use. I honestly believe they were a slightly more difficult than praxis content in my area (biology). My only gripe was that I felt some questions were completely and utterly random, but that's just me. I managed to pass the practice exams on my go around with them. I scored a 165 on my last attempt and basically ended up scoring a 170 on my 5235 exam, so it definitely helped me a little bit.

19. teacher2016

teacher2016 Guest

Jan 28, 2016

I just used Exam Edge to prepare for the CST Spanish exam. I do not recommend the website. The exam was full of grammatical errors and poorly worded questions. It cannot be an adequate reflection of the real test. When I tried to connect with a customer service representative, I got no where. Customer Service agents "Leon" apologized for the "glitches" I was experiencing. Misplaced punctuation, lack of accents, incorrectly worded questions and incorrect directions are not glitches - they are a sign of a very bad product.

20. TinaMc

TinaMc Rookie

Jun 2, 2016

I have been using exam edge for FTCE middle grades math 5-9. I bought a bundle of 5. I found errors and submitted them using with the button on the page which reads "report a problem with this page.". They emailed me back within 24 hours and even gave me a free practice test. The test have been a great study tool for me. I print out questions I need additional study on or ones I got wrong from the test review pages. My only concern is there aren't questions on assessment and or instructional scenarios. So even though I have gotten quicker and my scores continue to rise, I am concerned about the assessment competency. Anyone have thoughts on where to review this material? I am changing careers and don't have a traditional education background. Thanks

21. TinaMc

TinaMc Rookie

Jun 26, 2016

I feel I can accurately review exam edge now that I've taken my exam. I used it for the FTCE middle grades math and passed. I was more than prepared for the math part...however, was unprepared on the assessments and manipulative and models competencies...which equal 15% There weren't any question on their practice tests (I took 6) relating to these two competencies. I would recommend them for reviewing and refreshing the math. The explanations are good...but the practice tests lack, so make sure to grab another resource for those questions.

L038dY3Jdz likes this.
  22. L038dY3Jdz

L038dY3Jdz Guest

Jul 2, 2016

Hey TinaMC, nice to hear that you passed. I am to be taking the middle grades mathematics exam in a couple weeks and I also have purchased practice tests on the ftceprep website (exam edge). I was pretty surprised how easy my first attempt at the practice test was compared to what I have been studying the last few weeks. I scored at 258, but the questions I missed were either a simple overlooked error or they were questions that were relevant to competencies 2 and 3 (manipulates and assessments). For example, the exam edge practice tests included questions on TEA standards and different forms of 'teaching strands.' These may be common sense questions for current teachers or students of education, but there seems to be an extreme lack of preparation material available covering those competencies. I have picked up the Xamonline Math 5-9 study guide at my schools library and while the algebra and geometry is much more challenging than the exam edge practice test, the review for competencies 2 and 3 are very general and not helpful. I plan on scanning the library for many of the texts listed as references on the FTCE test information guide and will see what I can find there.

As for the subject of this forum on the exam edge practice tests, like I said above, I found my first blind attempt at the practice test to be very easy. It is somewhat comforting to hear that people are finding the actual exam easier as well, but I will still be hitting the books hard and attempting more practice tests to make sure I'm fully prepared.
    Joe

23. TinaMc

TinaMc Rookie

Jul 2, 2016

I'm glad you're feeling prepared!! I emailed the company and asked why on my 6 practice test there wasn't a single question from assessment and manipulatives and models. They said they would look into it. I see that they have already changed the number of questions from 100 to 75. They also had the passing score incorrect at 71 and corrected it to 67. So I'm not sure what changes have been made,but it sounds like they have made adjustments. Best of luck on your test... I'm prepping for the 6-12 but will take it in the fall.

24. TinaMc

TinaMc Rookie

Jul 2, 2016

Also wanted to say I picked up the professional educators ftce study guide from REA and studied the assessments chapter. If definitely helped me on the test.

25. Jennifer T

Jennifer T Guest

Aug 18, 2016

Hey TinaMc I read that you are prepping for the Math 6-12. Did you use ExamEdge as well and did it help you pass? Its my first time studying for this test so I'm lost on where and how to start. TIA

26. TinaMc

TinaMc Rookie

Aug 21, 2016

Jenn
    Jennifer,

I have taken a position long term subbing in Biology so I have put that test prep on pause. I did purchased a group of exam edges (ftce prep.com) tests 6-12, REA ftce 6-12 book and Escambia county's eoc websites for algebra and geometry to guide my prep. I got a hold of recent trig, statistics and calculus books. I found them helpful. My method was take a practice test...go to my references to study up where I was weak. Sorry I can't give you more guidance.

27. James Rowe

James Rowe Rookie

Apr 3, 2017

Little late here, but I am using Exam Edge to study for my GACE. I have heard that the PRAXIS is harder than the GACE. If Exam Edge practice questions are harder than the PRAXIS, does that mean they are that much harder than the GACE?

28. star32569

star32569 Rookie

Apr 11, 2017

I brought them for my FTCE test and found them not to be helpful. Most of the answers were not close to the test or even on the exam. Save your money.

29. James Rowe

James Rowe Rookie

Apr 13, 2017

Yea, I have mixed feelings about Exam Edge. I took my GACE secondary science exam, I feel like it may have helped me some, however, most of the questions that were on the practice test were really irrelevant when it came to the actual test.

30. kristenborton

kristenborton New Member

Apr 17, 2017

Has anyone used Exam Edge for the Marketing 275 exam? I purchased the mometex book but was curious to see how the practice exams are