Every Day Math

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by LaurenNJ, Aug 12, 2010.

1. LaurenNJ

LaurenNJ Rookie

Aug 12, 2010

Does anyone use Every Day Math? This will be our first year using it...the teacher's manual seems easy to follow. The thing I'm worried about is the assessment. So much recording I'm going crazy just thinking about it!

For those of you familiar with the program, did you use anything to help with assessment? To make it easier?

3. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Aug 16, 2010

i'm in the same boat as you. and i'm also in nj, 4th grade. it does seem like an easy program to use. I'm going to an Everyday Math.. New User training tomorrow actually.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2010

I've used Everyday Math. Mostly, I gave the pieces of the assessment (or one assessment) that best matched my district maps.

Also, make sure that you really play the games. This is the only way the students build fact fluency and learn some concepts well.

5. traveler

traveler Comrade

Sep 2, 2010

Our district has used it for years but I came in after the training. I was told by the other teachers to not worry about all the assessment and just do the end of unit tests. We adopted a newer version of Em this year so I finally got to go to a training this summer. I am going to try to do a little more assessing. I found the program doesn't do much for the high kids. I really had to supplement for them.