Ever Left a District & Returned to Them?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Ms. I, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 18, 2011

Have you ever left a district you worked for & then worked for them again down the road? What were the circumstances & how was it the 2nd time around? Was it better, worse, etc.? :)

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2011

I haven't, but one of my friends did. She worked for a district for 6 years. Left for another district for a few years. Then she decided to become a stay at home mom. After about 5 years of SAHM, she went back to district one.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2011

I left my school in 2000 to be a SAHM. When I left I got a standing ovation at the end of the year party, and the principal gave me a beautiful gift I treasure.

I returned 5 years later, welcomed with open arms. They hired me before they had a clue what I would be teaching, and I was thrilled to accept the job.

5. schoolteacher

schoolteacher Habitué

Aug 19, 2011

Yes. I actually left the same district twice and came back.

I left for 13 years to be a SAHM, then went back for 2 years. Was laid off this past June and just rehired (hooray!).

It's been pretty much the same - a big city school district with lots of bureaucracy, and wonderful children to teach.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2011

Not me personally (though I'm hoping to get back into my home district sometime soon!), but I know a few teachers who have left a district and returned. Some left for just a year, some more than a few years. They've had good experiences.

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 19, 2011

I was forced by a principal to resign (even though i always had outstanding observations). I went to work in another district as a temp kinder teacher. I was told that for resigning I was blacklisted. Apparently not because I was hired by the new P at that same school (they fired my old P :D ) and I returned to the same school as a math clinician.

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 19, 2011

I've worked for the same district twice. It was nice being familiar with some things, but there were changes in some areas that I had to catch up on.

Having references from the district helped get the job.

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 19, 2011

I've worked for the same district twice. It was nice being familiar with some things, but there were changes in some areas that I had to catch up on.

Having references from the district helped get the job.

10. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 19, 2011

I was non-renewed and then later rehired after a year of job searching. It wasn't too different.