Ever have something you really want to say to a coworker but can't?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, Jan 16, 2013.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jan 17, 2013

I wish it wasn't still happening! She's such a caring and genuine person--she talks incessantly, though! She truly suffers from diarrhea of the mouth! :(

2. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 17, 2013

I know exactly what you mean. Such an awkward situation.

3. ozteach

ozteach Comrade

Jan 17, 2013

Hey Mike, I LOVE your avatar!! :D:D

Sorry for the hijack!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 17, 2013

:spitwater:

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jan 18, 2013

Clearly, we work at the same school. :p

6. Castaway

Castaway Rookie

Jan 18, 2013

Oh yes, there are many thing I wish I could say to the teacher for whom I am supposed to be an assistant.

"Allow me to explain something to you, X. You are the classroom teacher, and I am the classroom assistant. Take note of how that implies you are in charge of the classroom. The person in charge of the classroom typically does not make personal phone calls, or disappear to get coffee or take half hour bathroom breaks. As the assistant, I am not supposed to be the one who does most of the teaching. Yes, I know dealing with 12 two year olds is hard. Yes, they can be annoying at times. No, you cannot just let them play randomly all morning because you don't feel like coming up with a project or circle time activity. If you leave me alone with the kids one more time to go talk with your coworkers, I will lock the door behind you, I swear. Also, please deal with your personal problems at home. You assume I care more than I do. I did not appreciate the day you left 2 hours early to deal with your last minute 'emergency' that I know you've known about for 2 months. Thank you so much for leaving me to pick up all the nap stuff, and handle all of the kids by myself, while also having to change all the diapers all day long. I also don't want to hear about how broke you are after you return from buying your lunch every day. In short, please get a grip and get a life. If you want to find another job so badly, then get out and go do that. Leave me and the kids in peace."