Ettiquete

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teacher304, Oct 18, 2011.

1. teacher304

teacher304 Companion

Oct 18, 2011

Etiquette

I was just informed that a teacher at my old school has passed away suddenly today. I did not know that teacher very well but obviously it is devastating for the school community.

I really miss my old school as my current situation is not as ideal and that teacher taught a subject I am certified to teach. What is the etiquette, this would be my former P and co-workers should my need for a better job come before my compassion to them? When should I contact my old P?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 18, 2011

The teacher died TODAY. I wouldn't be sniffing around for her job tomorrow, but a condolence card to her family would be in order. Perhaps a note addressed to the main office in which you express your sorrow at hearing of the passing of your former colleague. Anything beyond that in terms of her open job slot would be tasteless as this early date.

4. dylbai

dylbai Rookie

Oct 18, 2011

How about sending a sympathy card to the family and maybe a note of condolence to her close colleagues? In the meantime, also send an updated resume and letter to the principal, of course not mentioning the passing of the teacher, but just as a reminder that you are available.

5. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Oct 18, 2011

I don't see anything wrong with contacting the principal regarding the position.

6. Librarian79

Librarian79 Rookie

Oct 19, 2011

I agree with dylbai. Send a note of sympathy to her family and colleagues, and send updated info to the P without mentioning the death.