Erin Condren Planner

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mrsleapfrog, Jun 18, 2015.

1. mrsleapfrog

mrsleapfrog Companion

Jun 18, 2015

Does anyone have one of these? I am thinking about getting one and wanted to hear everyone's thoughts!

3. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jun 18, 2015

I have had one for the last 2 years and I had things that I liked and things that I disliked. The cover fell apart after about 3 months. It is also not secondary education friendly. I did like having everything recorded in one book. This year they are changing things and the teacher planners will not be available until July. I start school at the end of July so I need to start setting things up in June. This year I went with a discbound planner. I purchased a planner from teacherspayteachers and printed it on 32 lb paper. I think this will suit me much better because it is more custom than the Erin Condren.

4. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

Jun 19, 2015

If you don't mind answering this, how much did it cost you to print the TPT planner? I love the look of the Erin Condren planners but I agree, they aren't suited well for secondary. They are also pricey. Just weighing the options :)

5. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2015

It was about the same price as the Erin Condren. I actually bought 2 planners off of TPT for about $15.00 total. The paper was $12.00 and the ink was $24.00 for 2 cartridges (color & B/W). I did buy a leather cover for about $25.00 on Amazon but it can be re-used.

6. OneBerry

OneBerry Comrade

Jun 19, 2015

I am interested in a new paper planner for this year, but I don't think the Erin Condren one - though cute - is for me. I've been checking out some on Etsy, like this one.

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jun 19, 2015

I have had an EC Life Planner for the past two years and I love them. They are pricey, but I've found the quality to hold up really well. I have mine personalized with pictures, and I have all the accessories (stickers, pens, carrying case, binder clips, etc).

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2015

I've had an Erin Condren planner the last two years. I just used her regular planner one year and the teacher planner last year. I'm not sure if I'm going to order again. I was pretty upset because I was planning to order a teacher planner in May (they had 25% off), but when I went to order, they didn't have any of the teacher planners available. They shouldn't have advertised the sale if they weren't going to honor it for all of May!

9. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2015

From what I have heard, the sale was a clearance sale of the "old style" teacher planner and they sold out in just a couple of days.

10. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jun 19, 2015

I too was going to order and was so upset they sold out half way through May! They will be honoring the 25% off though for TP when they are released in July. I just hope it's not too late in July when they are released though because we start school the first week of August and I'd like time to plan before then.

11. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jun 19, 2015

Keep in mind when ordering that they take a really long time to print and ship.

12. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jun 19, 2015

I know. That's why I'm worried about when they are released in July! I might just go with a plum paper instead. Plus, there have been so many mess ups with their LifePlanner launch this month that they are going to be extremely backed up when the Teacher Planners are released. Not sure if I want to risk getting it too late.

13. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 19, 2015

I never even thought of checking Etsy! Thanks for posting.

14. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jun 20, 2015

I have been a faithful EC customer since 2009 and I love EC's products!!! Every year, I buy at least 2-3 Notebooks - I pay to have a calendar added extra - and I have bought many of her life planners but mostly to give as gifts.

I prefer the Notebooks with the added calendar because I am a list-maker more so than a daily planner girl. Every time I buy a life planner for myself, I carry it around but hardly ever use to. If you like planners, I say go for it! Also, since they are so cute, I don't mind paying $50 for each item but I know there are cheaper options out there.

I would not buy the teacher planner; I have seen it up close and it is not for me.

15. mrsleapfrog

mrsleapfrog Companion

Jun 21, 2015

What all does the notebook come with? Is the calendar large enough to write things on?

16. Banana0

Banana0 Rookie

Jun 21, 2015

I've had a life planner in the past and it was the most organized year of my life! I'm planning on checking out the new teacher planners when they're released and possibly ordering one. It's hard to make the plunge at that cost and not know if I'll really use it. I feel like I'm going to end up wanting to type all my plans, but we'll see.

17. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2015

Honestly, it is just a notebook with a monthly view calendar inserted; there is a bunch of lined paper and a few pages of blank paper. I can write 2-3 items in each box in the calendar - which is the same size as the notebook - and this works for me because I don't need to write something everyday. You also get the regular extras: ruler, folder, stickers, and plastic pouch with gift labels. I know the 2015-16 life planners come with new things in the plastic pouch instead of the gift labels.

I will admit that $50 for a notebook calendar may be too much for some.

18. Kelster95

Kelster95 Companion

Jun 22, 2015

I just got a plum paper teacher planner from etsy. It seems like it will hold up well and has everything I need, lots of note pages and monthly and weekly calendar and planning pages.