ePAT for every class

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mr_post22, Apr 11, 2014.

1. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Apr 11, 2014

So in math, science, and English, they students have to take an EOC or FCAT on the computer. So we use Testnav and to practice for it the students use ePAT and my students say they have done this before. I feel like this is highly ineffective, making every math, English, and science teacher use a lab to prepare students for the exact same program. I also don't like the lab I was put in because the A\C sucks.

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 11, 2014

My kids have to use Testnav for their four SOL tests (sigh...). I take them through one of them (usually math) very thoroughly, showing them all the tools, making sure they see everything, letting them explore and practice, etc. I do a lesser version with another (usually reading) where we look at tools that aren't there for math. Science and social studies, I put links to them on blackboard and suggest that they try them at home if they want more practice with the site. I consider my class time too precious to repeatedly spend 30 minutes to an hour learning how to navigate a test.

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2014

It's hugely annoying. But we have to do the ePat for every class taking an FCAT/EOC. I guess the biggest difference is letting them practice the online calculator for math and science and the notepad for English/Social Sciences. And they all ask if it counts. I just look at it as an excuse for the MSers to play with the tools and get it out of their systems before the real test (think drawing pictures on the stories with the highlighter and erase tool. sMH.).