Envisions Math

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Jul 4, 2010.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Jul 4, 2010

Does anyone use this curriculum in the K classroom? It is new to our district and would love to chat with anyone who has used it who can give me tips/tricks etc.

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 4, 2010

I kind of use it! :whistle: It's part of our curriculum but I find it to be too easy for my kids sometimes. There are awesome test generators on their website along with a planner for lessons. They come with workstation mats for activities. If you have any specific questions about the implementation-I'd be glad to help you.

4. little317

little317 Groupie

Jul 5, 2010

We've had Harcourt Math (2005) so I'm happy for the change to Envision Math.

5. clynns

clynns Companion

Jul 7, 2010

This will be my second year using it.

6. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Jul 8, 2010

I've used it! It was not exactly my favorite thing ever. Some stuff was far too easy and other stuff was done in a very strange and confusing way. I felt that my kids got bored really easily so I ended up adding in a lot of my own things.

7. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

Thanks ladies! How do you structure your daily lessons? Whole group? Then seatwork? For some reason the lesson guides seem confusing to me and I can't figure out where I'm suppose to start/end etc.

8. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Jul 11, 2010

I mostly did mine in large group. It really depended on the topic and how much background they had on it. One of the teachers did everything in small group because she had lower kids who didn't have as much background knowledge. They also just worked better in small groups.

It kind of depends on your kiddos I think!

9. little317

little317 Groupie

Jul 11, 2010

We had a two hour training on the series. From what I gathered, the goal is to use a variety of whole group, small group and independent work.