Ensure you meet learning goals/standards

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by amedinaoh, Jul 24, 2006.

1. amedinaoh

amedinaoh Companion

Jul 24, 2006

I have been asked a few times how I will ensure I am meeting learning goals/state standards. I have stated I will meet them through various ways that include student samples, testing, KWL charts, etc. I feel though that I am not power hitting this question. Another one that I think all teachers struggle with is, "What do you do when some of your students are falling behind?" and "How do you meet all the students needs?"

3. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 24, 2006

I think that might be looking for anything along the lines of whatever it takes. Meaning that might even include evaluating your approach and trying to change it so it will better fit the student's as well as incorporating as many types of assessment you can. By assessments this extends past testing, quizzing, and homework which I know the interviewer always wanted examples of other assessments such as class involvement etc. I am sure someone here will have a much better answer than me. :)

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 24, 2006

Meeting standards: Getting to know curriculum guide-setting a plan to help guide you through the year. Discussing with colleagues to make sure your time frames are going to get you where you need to be by the end of year.

Meeting needs: Differentiating instruction (read up on this!!)