English ACTIVITIES

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Unbeknownst, May 11, 2010.

1. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

May 11, 2010

Would y'all mind sharing some resources (both personal and internet) that lists many activities (ones that will get students either doing something or up out of their seats) I could use in my classroom?

My classroom is going to be constantly moving. Period. I would rather start putting together a lot of activities now rather than later.

Thanks everyone.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

4. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

May 11, 2010

Check out GLAD activites, esp. the picture walks.

5. pontiac8411

pontiac8411 Rookie

May 11, 2010

Carousel: Post information in different parts of the room and have them move in groups to each piece of information to answer a q or complete a task. Then rotate.

Snowball fight: Each kid writes what they learned on a piece of paper,crumble it up and you have a snowball fight and then when it is over, you all pick on up and share.

Pick a topic that has multiple answers, like reading a passage and telling what POV it is in. read multiple choices to the students, and make them choose which is correct, but have them show you through a movement. such as, if it is third person, hop on one foot.

Four corners: each part of the room is a different answer (multiple choice) have them run to the corner that is the answer after reading a question

I LOVE movement activities and integrate movement in one way or another each day. I like hands on stuff. I just had my students create t shirts based on sensory imagery they found in a poem and then they had a fashion show on a "catwalk" and describe what images they drew on their shirts and why.

6. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

May 11, 2010

Man, these were awesome. Thanks!