End of year scrapbook

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Preschool Prof, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Preschool Prof

Preschool Prof Rookie

Apr 4, 2008

I'm looking for a "Preschool scrapbook ideas" Book. I was wondering if there were any books that you felt were outstanding in showing 'how to' create end of the year scrapbooks. Or if you had your own ideas of putting one together. I have saved pictures, and drawings, and painting and such, but would like to make an awsome book that would be saved forever ( Is that a bit much?):rolleyes:
    Thanks in advance!!

3. hdb2008

hdb2008 Rookie

Apr 4, 2008

I think I would have the children pick out some of the things they wanted to include, and then have them to design their own pages. Just make sure that children have the same amount of pages. I think this would mean more to me than one that the children had no part in.

4. Hannah's Place

Hannah's Place Rookie

Apr 5, 2008

Well as someone who is a AVID scrapbooker here are some suggestions:
    Ask the kids what were some of their favorite activities/events/projects, etc. from the year. Make sure to include those. Put the photos in order (i.e. Sept, Oct. etc) and then have some extra prints to use as an example for demonstrating to the kids. If you don't want the photos destroyed then maybe don't have them crop the photos just put into a book (pick out the book yourself if it is to remain with you in your class -- otherwise have them create their own "album" out of paper bags (if you need details email me). Just get precut paper (they sell TONS of 4 x 6 packs of what is "mounting" or "background" paper) and have the kids mat the pics on the paper. Then adhere to pages. Each kid gets a page and you dole out the pics to the kids. When all that is done, they can add on whatever you provide (diecuts, stickers, and above ALL....document the pages!!!). Use anything the kids said that was memorable and write next to photo. Have kids help with this...depending on age we are talking about you may have to do the writing but they will LOVE being there helping you with their memories of the year.
    I do not know of any books out there specifically for kids, but if I come across I'll be sure to let you know. If you have basic knowledge to scrapbook (and it is MUCH easier than people think!) then it is so easy to show the kids!
    Wow, what a fantastic project!!! Good luck!!

5. imat

imat Rookie

Apr 5, 2008

I do an end of the year scrap book every year. On the front of the book is the child’s handprint and group picture of all the children and staff in the class along with an individual picture of that child. The cover is then laminated. I then take sample art work that has been saved through out the year. Collage art, drawings, writing samples, paintings, and pictures of that child that I have taken through out the year. I glue these items to construction paper (it is cheep and I have a tight budget) and then bind them all together with our comb binding machine. The parents really appreciate it!

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 6, 2008

One school I worked at kept a photo portfolio throughout the year. Each month, they took a picture of the child and decorated a picture frame in a different way (sept. apple-painted apple frames, oct. was something with pumpkins, nov. was a turkey, etc). They kept these at school all year and put it into a scrapbook for each child at the end of the year. If you have parent volunteers or the like, that is a great task for them to do.

7. dolphinswim

dolphinswim Companion

Apr 7, 2008

I do two different type memory books. The first is an ABC color sheet book that we color one page a week from the first day of school to the end. I make a cover that says "From beginning to end, from August to May I colored with my friends and got better each day!" And you sure can see how they have improved from the first color sheet to the last! I date them as we go and usually by the 5th or 6th week they are writing their own names too! I think it is great. My second book is a memory book that I found on the web somewhere (I actually combined many different ideas I found) and it basically has their height/weight at the beginning and end of year, a picture of them then and now and then we ask them all kinds of questions to fill out their book. I laminate the first page and bind them with rings. They are wonderful keep sakes and parents can't seem to thank me enough for them!