End of the Year Student Gift Ideas

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by skerns, May 7, 2010.

1. skerns

skerns Companion

May 7, 2010

What are so ideas for gift for your students? I have done signed beach balls, visors, tote bags and photos in frames all in the past. Any new creative ideas out there???

I am not afraid of messy, but need to keep it inexpensive.

3. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

May 7, 2010

I give each of my students:

-A CD of all of the pictures I've taken this year. They LOVE it! They can print pictures if they want, look at them on their computer, and it's just a great keepsake.
    -A "book" about them. I take a picture on the first day, and the last week of school. In September, December, March, and June (every 3 months) they draw a picture of themselves and write their name. I laminate all of the pages and put them together with a binder ring. They can look back and see how they have grown physically from the first day to the last, and how their drawing and penmanship skills have developed.
    -Some sort of little "trinket." This year I'm going to give them each a smelly eraser, because they LOVE mine so much.

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 7, 2010

I've done a "favorite songs" CD. I might do that again, because both the kids and parents love it.

I've done a handprint and photo every month, I'm not laminating them but I put the books together today and will send them to be bound (our library aides are the only ones who are "Supposed" to work the binding machine). I did a poem on the front and personalized it for each kid. I'll add snapshots from various activities throughout the year into them once i get them back. These are more for parents than kids, though :)

5. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

May 7, 2010

Not really a gift for them, but I will give a photo cd as well, and their portfolios they made. Maybe I will look for a little trinket :D
    I like those little bottles of bubbles!

6. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

May 7, 2010

Does anyone ever do a photo DVD? My laptop can burn DVDs, but I've never tried it... not sure how this might be better/worse/different than a photo CD.

7. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

May 7, 2010

Can parents make prints from a DVD? That was one of my main reasons for doing a CD-I have a lot of scrap booking moms.

8. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 8, 2010

We do a last class book that I copy and bind for the class. We ordered little stuffed animals from Oriental Trading-I glue a little sign on it that says "Class Scholar", "Most Responsible", etc. for each student. I never thought to do a photo CD-I like that idea. I usually do a DVD of videos of class projects, programs and such. It's a lot of work to copy 20 of them-guess I should get started-we only have 3 more weeks! :)

9. little317

little317 Groupie

May 8, 2010

I make a slideshow put to music. The parents come in on the last day to watch the show and then each family gets to go home with their very own copy. They love it. I also give them an eraser, some bubbles, a fancy pencil and a homemade blank book.

10. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 8, 2010

I love this idea!! my kids have a ton of favorite songs that we've done throughout the year and I think they would love to have a copy of their own!

11. skerns

skerns Companion

May 9, 2010

Thanks for all the ideas, I love the cd of photos and songs. I think I will do this with a sun visor. Only 17 more days for us.!!!!

12. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 10, 2010

I give my kids a photo DVD that I show during our end of the year celebration. I also give them a CD that has all of their pictures in it. This year, I bought all of the kids a book from Scholastic as well. This is a pretty awesome group of kids, even though they are driving me CRAZY right now (but hey, it is the end of the year). Hope this helps!

13. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

May 11, 2010

Ok, I'm feeling VERY hip and smart. I just figured out how to make an AMAZING DVD on my computer (Mac) and here's the kicker - in addition to being a sweet DVD with music, the DVD will also have all the photo FILES on it so if you pop it into your computer, you can view and print any of the photos too. I had NO CLUE my computer could do this and I'm feeling very good about it as an end of the year gift! :)