End of the year slump

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by tgtbtj, May 8, 2012.

1. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

May 8, 2012

Hi everyone, so we're winding down the year. We only have about two and a half weeks left and I'm in a slump. My kids have already reached all the goals I had for them this year and I don't want to introduce anything new. I want to just have fun for the next few weeks and just enjoy the rest of the year. Any suggestions for fun end of the year activities or crafts? Thanks!

3. mrgrinch09

mrgrinch09 Comrade

May 9, 2012

Spend all day on the playground.

4. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

May 9, 2012

I completely understand! we have about 8 days left. The last week we are going to do bubble day. Spend a long time outside playing with bubbles. We are also going to do an Angry Birds Day. My assistant and I came up with this idea today. The kids will use the wood blocks and cardboard tubes to create the structures. We will create the pigs using paper plates and cups. The kids will use bean bags to simulate the birds. They will toss the bean bags at the structures.

5. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

May 11, 2012

We voted on our favorite things we did this year and so we will be have a shaving cream day, 2 bubbles days, a sink and float day, a finger-painting day, sidewalk chalk day, and "Magic Paint" (painting with just water on the sidewalk and building-it disappears when it dries!), and a water play day out on the playground.

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Rookie

May 11, 2012

I've been bringing my class outside after lunch and toothbrushing. We brought the water table outside, puzzles, books, and we've done water painting on the sidewalk. It's been pretty fun. One day, I laid out some huge sheets of paper and taped them down to the concrete. I set out paint cups from the easel and let the kids go at it. I had a bunch of little Jackson Pollocks, but you know, without all the anger and alcoholism.

7. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

May 13, 2012

:lol: that's so funny I like that about Jackson pollack. That's a really great idea, my kids love fingerprinting so I know that they would love that!

8. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

May 13, 2012

Very cute I'm going to have to try that with the magic paint, i know the kids would really love that. Im also going to pick up some sidewalk chalk. My kids will really enjoy the bubbles too, great ideas, thanks!

9. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

May 13, 2012

Cute cute cute, my kids would love to do that!

10. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 13, 2012

Maybe a little scrapbook type project. You could title the pages "In September we (and then add a few things you learned or field trrips, or special projects)" and then the kids illustrate it.

Is there another preschool class? Could you siwtch for the day? The novelty of having a different teacher and room, even if it is the same stuff and schedule as usual would be fun.

11. tgtbtj

tgtbtj Companion

May 17, 2012

Tasha that is a really cute idea. I think I may try that in the next coming week. We do actually have another pre-k where the kids will be spending a couple of hours. They will be in that pre-k next year so its a way for the kids to get to know their new teacher for next year. Thanks!