End of the Year Party Rotations

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by OhThePlaces, May 4, 2014.

1. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

May 4, 2014

We're currently planning our "end of the year celebration" as a grade-level. Each teacher will set up an activity in their classroom, and classes will rotate every 20 minutes.

For example, one teacher will have a bunch of puzzles set up in her classroom, and another teacher will have a dance party with "Just Dance Kids" videos playing through the projector.

There are 7 classes of 3rd graders who will rotate through my room. I've thought about doing some kind of craft (maybe a short read aloud that ties into it) but with 135 students, the cost of supplies could get expensive. I've also thought about doing a Reader's Theater station. Students could break off into groups of 4 and work on different scripts (I have a lot of fun fractured fairy tale plays).

I'd love to hear some of your ideas! Something fun that can be accomplished in 20 minutes without breaking the bank. :)

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

May 4, 2014

Do you have parents that would help? Is there any type of outdoor possibility? Our Christmas party this year had four stations... a snack station, a movie station, a game station, and a craft station... parents brought in all the games and crafts. For our end-of-year party last year, we had a bubble blowing station, a snow-cone station, a "Musical Towels" station, an obstacle course, and a sidewalk chalk station.

4. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

May 4, 2014

Thanks, gr3teacher!

Unfortunately I don't have any parent help this year when it comes to volunteers.

We have play day (an outdoor rotation like what you describe) that same week, plus it will be brutally hot, so I'd like to avoid being outside all morning, if possible. I would jump on the movie station, but the whole grade-level will watch a movie in the afternoon. ;)

I like the idea of a game station though!

5. Loveslabs

Loveslabs Companion

May 5, 2014

What about those minute it to win it games? I did some on the last day last year and the kids didn't want to leave at the end of the day!! No prizes were needed and they were quick and easy to set up.

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

May 5, 2014

There are a lot of varieties of tic tac toe and checkers that are fast to teach. You could teach a way and let them play a few rounds.

7. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

May 5, 2014

Do you have a lot of construction paper? You could have them make a summer craft like a sun wearing sunglasses (looking forward to a bright summer), or a surfboard bookmark (catching a great adventure this summer).

8. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

May 5, 2014

Board games, color sheets, bingo, relay type races etc.