End of the year "parting gifts"?

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by CDOR79, May 26, 2012.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

May 26, 2012

I'm trying to think of something cute to give my class as an end of the year treat. Do any of you? If so, what do you give?

Thanks!

3. dannyboy

dannyboy Companion

Jun 2, 2012

Nothing for this year, but next year do some activity early in the year that you can give your students to show how much growth they have made.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 2, 2012

I usually give a Scholastic book and Kool Aid Mix.

This year Scholastic had a book called 'The Lemonade War'...I'm putting it together with lemonade mix and a curly straw....and a tag "Enjoy some Kool summer reading"

5. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 2, 2012

I did the Kool aid and crazy straws just not the book.... That's a great idea to add to it though!

6. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jun 2, 2012

I gave my kids bracelets from The Space Store that say "Failure is not an option." That's a sign that hangs in my room and I tell my kids that all the time.

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2012

That's a cute idea... wish I could do fun stuff like that, but 175 students makes it a bit expensive :)

8. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Jun 3, 2012

This year I'm doing beach balls! I'm writing on them "This year was a ball." And the date, name, etc. In the past I've done t-shirts and pillowcases, but I wanted something different. They will sign the balls at our class party on Thursday. That will be their take home "gift" this year. :cool:

9. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jun 5, 2012

Ok so I decided on the DVD with pictures from the year. I'm just doing ONE song, don't want to drag it out. The song I chose is "These are the days" by Natalie Merchant (great song!)

I also found a cute poem to go with it called "I'm glad I was your teacher". So that title is on the opening credit, then I show the pictures and then at the end I have the poem scrolling (like credits). Then after I wrote "Thanks for a wonderful year! Love, XX" and I close it with our class picture. I like how it came out- just wondering if my wording should be different like "A look back at 3rd Grade". It's kind of cute with the theme of the poem though.

What do you folks think?

10. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 5, 2012

Sounds cute, and will be a keepsake they will value for years to come!

11. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jun 7, 2012

That's what I was thinking- a good keepsake!

Another question...I'm writing a letter to the parents to thank them and just close out the year. I was thinking to say something about the DVD in the letter but I'm not sure if that would be tacky or not...almost like I'm looking for recognition...? What do you think?