End of the Year Gift For Room Parents!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Starista, May 10, 2006.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 10, 2006

Hello there!

I have three FANTASTIC room parents this year. They have been so helpful in ALL ways to me. I want to get all 3 of them a little special something for the end of the year. I teach at a Catholic k-8 and these 3 parents have really shown me what a wonderful community the school is. I thought about just going to get a Barnes & Noble gift card, but I am not sure that is personal enough. Any suggestions? :) Thank you so much!

3. kramercindy

kramercindy Rookie

May 10, 2006

gift cards are good

Hi,

I just got gift cards to a restraunt last year for my room parents. That seemed to work out good. Nothing too fancy, just a little "Thanks for all the help."

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 11, 2006

As a class mom, I can say either would be great!
    Class moms always have kids, so Barnes and Noble is always appreciated!

5. mbboss

mbboss Rookie

May 11, 2006

I bought an apron that you would wear to cook in. I had it embroidered with my room mom's name on the front. It cost around $25, she's totally worth it though. I'm going to have the kids put their handprints on the apron with a saying like "thanks for the helping hand" or something like that. It's cute and practical.

6. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

May 12, 2006

I just got my room mom's a planted gerainium (SP?). I wrapped the pot in pretty tissue paper. Then I made a volunteer certificate and had all the kids sign it. The mom's really liked that I thought enough about them to get them something.

7. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

May 12, 2006

I like your Barnes and Noble gift certificate. If you want to add that something special get a single flower from Wal Mart and tie the card on it.

8. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

May 17, 2006

A cute and inexpensive gift is an oven mitt. Get the plain white canvas kind and have all of the kids sign it. Attatch a ribbon and not saying thanks for the helping hand!