end of the year activities

Discussion in 'End of the Year Archives' started by Guest, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Mar 12, 2003

I'm trying to come up with some new "end of the year" activities. In the past we have had a magician preform for our Head Start class. This has gotten quite expensive and we are looking for other activities to explore. We live in a very rural area and travel out of the county is impossible. I do not do a formal "Graduation" ceremony.
    Any suggestions?
    Kim in Pa.

3. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Mar 13, 2003

We use an affordable magician who is absolutely fantastic.
    His name is Sheldon and can be contacted at...
    srhodes@jestkidding.com

I live in Western New York and he travels to see our school.
    He even does evening shows for parents!

He is perfect for everyone.

He does an amazing patriotic show.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Mar 13, 2003

Hi Kim in PA,

I don't know if I could be of help. But last year I was in 19 States and Canada. PA is not that far away. I'd sure love to stay in touch.

Sheldon Rhodes
    srhodes@jestkidding.com

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2003

Class picnic

Do you have a county zoo? We have one with park/picnic area

"Beach party"- come in shorts/bathing suits, have sandboxes, wading pools (or hawaii theme- a teacher in my building just had hawaii day he was so sick of our snow and winter!!)

Or why not try a 'Graduation'?

6. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Mar 15, 2003

Include the family/ community component of the program by having a bar-be-que at a local park. Kids play on the playground while adults grill burgers and set up the potluck. Kids perform a few songs for the crowd, get a certificate of attendance, and everyone eats and socializes. I did this one year and it was wonderful. I can't say enough positive things about it. Best part- very low-key and easy to pull together.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Mar 15, 2003

Things I have done for end of year activities include: going to a park for a picnic, we have one nearby that has water toys, the kind that you run/walk through, it also has a beach and a playground. The kids bring their own lunch.

We've also cooked out, hot dogs, chips etc. Make snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy. We ask for a monetary donation to help defray costs, or ask for volunteers to donate food & time.

Is there a petting farm or zoo nearby? Or even have a party, watch a video, play.

Have fun with the kids!