End of Semester - Student Surveys

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by JimG, Nov 30, 2018.

1. JimG

JimG Comrade

Nov 30, 2018

I would like to have my students fill out a survey regarding my teaching, similar to how colleges have students rate their professors at the end of the course. For those who have done this before, what questions did you ask? Are there any good pre-made surveys that are available online?

3. ssgirl11

ssgirl11 Companion

Dec 1, 2018

We were required to do this by our administration. It was actually very interesting to see how the kids responded. We did a Google form, here are a few questions:

(Rate 1-5) Do you enjoy being a learner in this classroom?

What makes learning fun in here?

What makes learning hard in here?

Do I connect learning to the real world? Yes, no, sometimes

I learn best when I: work with partners, work by myself, take notes on paper, take notes on chromebook, listen to music while working, etc.

Do you feel valued and that your voice is heard in this class?

What is a problem you have noticed in this class that you think needs solved?

I was terrified that the kids were going to rip me apart, but I felt that the way the questions are worded, it's not a personal thing, it focuses specifically on the class. I actually got pretty decent responses and kids were honest. I did collect names for each one, but I didn't tell them that, so they would feel free to be as honest as possible. :)