End of Maternity Leave

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teachgrade5, Feb 1, 2012.

1. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Feb 1, 2012

Well my maternity leave is coming to a close. I have next week left with my twins, and then back to work on the 13th. I haven't really thought about school since November, and I am dreading getting back into the school year...not because I don't like my job but because I have to leave my babies.

At least I have a great sub, and he is going to leave me ideas for my first week back for my lesson plans. I am going in next Thursday morning to work with him. I will go back on Friday afternoon for the Valentine's Day Party. I am taking the babies with me so the kids and other teachers can see them.

Any suggestions or ideas to make the transition back to school as smooth as possible.

3. sizzla_222

sizzla_222 Companion

Feb 1, 2012

I am on the opposite side. I have just taken a sub job for someone who has gone on maternity leave :)

Hope your transition back goes good!

4. Rox

Rox Cohort

Feb 1, 2012

Will you be taking your kids to a daycare? If so, can your husband/mom/sister/friend watch them for one or two days? For me, it was easier knowing that they would be with a family member instead of strangers.

Congrats on your twins! I have 3 month old twins as well!

5. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Feb 1, 2012

My husband is actually going to be staying home during the day with them. He is going to work the evening shift at his job which is luckily right across the street from where we live. At least I don't have to worry about getting the twins ready for the day.

Rox congrats on your twins. My twins are 10 weeks today. They are so much fun (but exhausting)!

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 1, 2012

Transitioning back is always difficult. Try to use your planning time as best as you can so that you can be home with your little ones and truly be home!

Good luck with the transition back.