Emergency Info

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by PreTeacher, Jun 15, 2008.

1. PreTeacher

PreTeacher Rookie

Jun 15, 2008

Hi,
    Where do most of you keep the students emergency info?
    Do you have a copy in the office and then a seperate set of emergency cards in each classroom?
    What / where is the best way to do this?
    Thanks.

3. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jun 15, 2008

The preschool I work at keeps a copy at the front desk, as well as a copy in each classroom. The copy in the classroom is in an emergency backpack, which is with our emergency suitcase. The backpack/suitcase come with us whether we are inside or outside during the day. They include emergency supplies, comfort kits and the emergency student info too.

4. Taliesin

Taliesin Rookie

Jun 15, 2008

We keep a copy in the office and we carry a 3 ring binder at all times, which also has the emergency info.

5. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Jun 15, 2008

We also have a copy in the office and in a three ring binder in the classroom.

6. Hannah's Place

Hannah's Place Rookie

Jun 15, 2008

I have emergency info in all their files; plus a sheet with everyone's contact info on a clip board in a central location and where it is within easy reach for any emergency.

7. PreTeacher

PreTeacher Rookie

Jun 17, 2008

Thank you!

8. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jun 24, 2008

Director has a copy of every child in the cneters' registratin form, each teacher has a 3 ring binder with a copy of her kids forms, and there is another binder in the staff room with copies of the all the children's in the center. for those of us that ever go on field trips we photcopy the registratin forms front and bak at 50% to make smaller copies and lamainate them. We put them on key rings and take them with uswhen we go on field trips. Theya re laminated so they stay clean and are not affected by the weather and we still have all the contact informatin plus the parents signed permission to authorize emergency treatment all in one little package. I keep mine in a small back pack with other field trip items such as wipes, hand sanitizer, first aid, and those samll handi-sac trash bags ( work great for a child throwing up on a bus!)

9. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jun 24, 2008

This back pack works out well-- I also keep a zip loc baggie with some spoons (disposable) and napkins. when we are leaving for a field trip all I need to do is toss in my wallet and the attendace sheet and out the door we go!