Emailing Resumes

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by usfmeghi, Jun 27, 2007.

1. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 27, 2007

Have any of you emailed resmes, etc. to principals?

Or is it better to mail them?

(dont know if there are openings... they just are finishing internal interviewing)

The city is about 2 hours from here, so driving really isnt feasable.

3. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

I emailed ALL mine and got many call backs. I never mailed one. My county doesn't want you to mail them, they want all emails. I would email them, and if you don't hear anything you could mail them to get more notice or call and asked if they recieved your email. Just my thought...

4. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 27, 2007

Can I ask how you started your email?

Theres a ton of elementary schools in this district... I was thinking of writing an email and attaching my cover letter and resume?

Or should I just pretty much make my cover letter my email.

Good to know! Was not fancying driving that far and mail takes time;)

5. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

I just wrote in the email box that I was inquiring about ______ position. Then I stated that they could read my attatched cover letter and resume. I also just copied and pasted my cover letter in emails that I didn't know what position and then asked them to read the attatched resume. I was nervous about what to say, but my VP said she doesn't really read the email she just prints out all the attachments and then sits down and reads them another day. So I think either way would work.

6. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 27, 2007

Ok.. so if I don't know if there is an opening or not. (This district doesn't post most openings, it goes off of an eligibility list)

Say something along the lines of My application is on file with the district and I was interested in possible openings and they could read my cover letter/resume...

Well, something along those lines.

7. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

Yea that sounds great! I would just say you are very interested in this district and you wanted to be considered for any position available, or if not any then be specific in your grade, but it might hurt your chances. I would just make sure to follow up once you have sent the email. Make sure to attach your resume and cover letter, because I forgot in one email and I felt stupid emailing them again with the attachments. :) Good LUCK!!!

8. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 27, 2007

It would be great to actually be in a district my cousins grew up in and where I actually have family!

So while I am applying everywhere, I really do have my heart set on this one.

Thanks a bunch:)

9. Georgia"Teach"

Georgia"Teach" Rookie

Jun 27, 2007

I emailed a lot of resumes and and cover letters. In fact, I did all of my contacting through email. I got three call backs and landed my job because of emailing a principal. However, I have heard that principals (at least in Georgia) receive 50 to 100 emails per day!! So, try and make your subject line catchy and the first line of your cover letter impressive. Good luck!

10. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 27, 2007

All my resumes were emailed. I generally attached my resume in Word format, unless the position announcement specified no attachments. The body of the email was always my cover letter, beginning with how I was expressing my interest in the Latin position at Martin High School.