Emailing current teachers for questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachCafe, Jun 12, 2015.

1. TeachCafe

TeachCafe Comrade

Jun 12, 2015

So I had an interview for a 3rd grade ELA/SS position this morning that went really well! I'm just nervous about making a change. I love my current school and the kids as a whole and staff are like family to me and home and leaving home is a scary thing. I know change is good and will only make me a better teacher in the long run but I'm trying to come to terms with leaving.

After the interview, I got a tour of the school and actually met pretty much the entire 3rd grade teacm as they were all teaching summer school and the teacher who would be my math/science switch partner.

I've read here before about asking current teaching questions about the school but I honestly don't know what to say. What do you like or dislike? etc. Is the principal really as easygoing and genuine as they seem?

I know they loved the teacher I would replace but she got a district promotion as a curriculum coordinator so it was all good in her leaving.

Is it okay to email the one who would be my partner if I get the job and ask questions? What should I ask? The principal said they wanted me but they still have other interviews today and the position needs to post for 10 days.

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 12, 2015

I would wait to email until after you are offered the position. Then, I would email and ask to meet up for lunch. You'll probably get better information over a conversation, than you would in writing.

4. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 12, 2015

I agree that I would wait until the job is offered and I would prefer personal conversation if I were the partner teacher.