Email to principals

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachLI123, May 16, 2012.

1. TeachLI123

TeachLI123 Companion

May 16, 2012

I've recently started looking at Florida school openings. I noticed that each county has a job site they want you to apply through. Should I also email my resume directly to the principal?

3. Peamarley

Peamarley New Member

May 17, 2012

I email principals all the time. I simply send them an email telling them that I am interested in the open position. I write some additional info about my qualifications to the job related point along with education and certification. I attach resume with references in one doc. I attach recommendations as well. In each email I thank them for reading my email, put my name, complete address, phone number, and email address.

I have had two recent interviews this way and one tomorrow.
    After I email the principals, I call the school that day, minute and ask them if they received my email letting them know I am interested in the position. One of my interviews two weeks ago was lucky I called because she never saw my email. I have emailed the past two years somewhere in the ballpark of 100 emails. I call the most serious or ones I am interested in, and I follow up with another email a couple weeks later if I do not get a response. You will be surprised how many principals will not email you back, even to say the job was filled or thank you for your interest. The one's that do email you back...ALWAYS email them right back and say thank you for you reply, I wish you a great school year, and please keep me in mind for future openings. I had one of my other interviews because of a reply last year to someone who is now in a different position at a different school who remembered me from my email. A majority of principals may never email you back, but be persistent, consistent, and keep moving forward.

4. LMichele

LMichele Cohort

May 18, 2012

When I was looking, I e-mailed/mailed my resume to schools that didn't even have any openings. If they're interested enough, they'll keep your resume on file and call when they need someone. That's how I got my job midyear.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 18, 2012

Me too: cover letter and resume.

I got several interviews and offers from jobs that hadn't yet been posted.