Email to P asking ?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Junebug, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Aug 7, 2009

Would it be in bad taste to email the P who I just knew was going to call. He had called me on a Fri. nite (missed it), then again on Sat. w/his cell # to have me come in on Mon. for an real interview (we had previously talked about a teacher moving & not resigned yet). We met again w/ap and it seemed great! He was going to call me when he knew. NO CALL, now no job :( What happened? Did he call the P from H### from 2007-08? My last P was great. I am so confused and disappointed.

I know I should move on but?:confused:

3. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 7, 2009

No, it would be okay to email or wait to Monday to call to follow up. Good luck!

4. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Aug 7, 2009

Thanks, I am just grasping at whatever. I over think everything and keep playing every word & action over and over in my head.

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 7, 2009

Email him and put yourself out of the misery of not knowing. That is not out of line to drop him an email and just say...

Good Morning! I was inquiring on the second grade position that I interviewed for on July 9th. I know you were waiting on a teacher to let you know if she would or would not be returning this school year. If this position is still available, I would love to talk with you again and offer any additional information that you may need as I am very interested in becoming a part of the Conner Elementary team. Again, I thank you for taking the time to interview with me and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
    Sincerely,
    Posh Spice

6. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Aug 8, 2009

Thank you, SCT. I like how you said what you said. I guess I'm too close to the problem to look at it objectively. That is what I like about this forum.
    I was thinking about sending one with like: What happened?... that would not have been good.

7. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Aug 8, 2009

Thanks again, SCT. I just emailed him and now I will wait to see if he responds.
    I am afraid that he talked to the evil P I had in 2007-08. I did not put him as a reference but I remember that the P said he though he had worked at his school years ago. (how could I forget that)
    It hurts me so much that a P that I worked for 1 yr has so much power over my career. I am sure that the other references were good.

8. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 9, 2009

I hope you hear good news Junebug. I'm in a similar position; I interviewed for a position on July 13th but the P said the teacher hadn't formally resigned yet. He told me he wasn't sure when he'd know for sure he could hire anyone. I called last week and left a message and haven't heard anything. Maybe I'll email him this week. Waiting stinks!

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 9, 2009

You can't sit around second guessing who was or was not called. Now, you have emailed. He will read it Monday morning and respond hopefully with a positive - Just found out the position will be open and we would love to have you come in to sign some paperwork if you are still available. In which case, you will jump and shout and email us here on the board that YOU now have a job. I have my fingers crossed and I am sending you GOOD vibes!:woot::woot::woot:

10. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Aug 9, 2009

I hope that Jlyn has better news than me, because the P emailed me back today at noon. He did hire someone else but I'm glad he emailed me back. He said he would consider me if another position comes up.
    I really am at peace (today anyway). At church today, the message was having joy in your heart. So I have joy, joy, joy, down in my heart!:haha:
    Thanks SCT, you really helped me. Now those vibes have to work on getting me a job soon! :haha:

11. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 9, 2009

:rolleyes:Glad you went to church. It does help the spirit. It's funny, we can think we know a person and THINK that they have this wonderful, charmed life. But in reality EVERYONE has problems. I guess we just have to keep a positive attitude about what we DO have. I am so thankful to be healthy today, that my children are healthy, that I have a husband that loves me, that I have a roof over our heads, that I was able to get a job in a good school district, and that I have dear friends that see me through the rough spots. All the rest... is just stuff. And if I did not have a job, I would still have my family, my friends, and a life that I am proud of living. Making people smile and helping others brings joy in my heart. I wish only the best for you all!:hugs:

12. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 9, 2009

Oh, I'm so sorry they hired someone else. At least he emailed you back so you aren't stuck wondering. Something else will come up!

Of course, now I'm a little nervous about emailing the P but I will do it. If it's bad news at least I'll know.