Email Principals?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by asullins, Mar 5, 2010.

1. asullins

asullins Rookie

Mar 5, 2010

I sent in my resume, LOI, application, and letters of interest for three jobs in the same school district, but at different schools. These were sent to the admin. building. I'm really new to the area and don't sub, so Im just another 'name on a piece of paper'. What does everyone think about email each school's principal directly with my LOI and resume. I didn't see anything on the district's website that said to NOT contact building principals about job openings.

What would I say in the email? :help:

3. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Mar 5, 2010

I have e-mailed a few principals and in my experience they rarely ever respond. However, I do know of one person who e-mailed a bunch of principals and luckily the one that responded ending up giving her a job!I say it's worth a shot! I have e-mailed them with short messages and attached a resume. Other times I have used my cover letter as the body of the e-mail and attached my resume. Good luck!

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2010

Emailing the principal is how I got my current position. I looked on the website found the openings and emailed three principals that had openings. I wasn't even done emailing all three of them when my principal was calling me for an interview. So email them what do you have to loose. BTW. I had probably emailed more than 100 times for other positions and got back very few responses.

5. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Mar 11, 2010

When I send in an application, I always email the principal because, most of the time, the application goes to the main central office. I usually let the P know my application is on file, that I'm interested in the position, and I attach my CL and resume. Most of the time, they don't answer, but there are some that do, and that means a lot, even if the answer isn't what I want to hear. At least they took a few seconds to respond.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 11, 2010

I always email the principals directly if they have any openings. I've had a few email me back with responses. I've gotten a couple of interviews from them and one job offer.

7. worrywart

worrywart Companion

Mar 13, 2010

I got my first job by emailing a principal. Actually, she called me within 30 minutes of my email and I had a job a few days later!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2010

I got 2 offers last time I was looking because I emailed prncipals about openings I wasn't yet aware of.