Email or mail

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by andstuff, Jan 30, 2015.

1. andstuff

andstuff Rookie

Jan 30, 2015

I am applying for open positions around me right now. The job postings are saying I can send in resume, letter of interest.... usual stuff through mail or I can email it.

What's my best option? I know with email it can get lost or put in a spam folder or something similar. Is hard copies mailed the better option? Is it ok to do both or is that a little over board?

Also I just got an email from a principal at a school I applied to:

Hello,
    Wanted to let you know that we are in the process of receiving our final applications at this time. Once we have gone through our list of candidates, I will be setting up interviews and will keep you posted on our decisions. Once again, thank you for your interest in xx.xxxx school.

Should i respond to this with a reply?

Maybe something to the affect of reiterating my cover letter (what i have to offer them.) Do you think it would effect my job chances either way?

3. Teach2015

Teach2015 Rookie

Feb 1, 2015

If the e-mail from the principal looks like it is written from a person and not an automated email responder I would reply. Something short and polite. Perhaps....

Dear ___,

Thank you for informing me that you are in the process of receiving applications. I look forward to hearing from you regarding a possible position in your school.

Thank you,
    name

As for the applying to other jobs question... If they provide an e-mail I would e-mail everything to them, but save all your files as PDF's it looks nicer on their end when they open it. In your email I would still introduce yourself and the person of interest you are contacting like the principal.

Example:

Dear ____,

My name is ___ and I am certified in Elementary Education... Secondary... (Whatever your certification is for). I currently am seeking a job for grade(s) ____ and/or subject area. I am interested in your school and I understand your school is looking for new teachers. Here in this e-mail I have attached my letter of interest, resume, and cover letter. I look forward to hearing back from you regarding possible job opportunities.

Sincerely,
    name

Then attach all of your papers via PDF at the bottom.

Many jobs will state they do not want mail deliveries as in paper mail so just look out for these notices.... many places only want paperless routes now... but if they school states to send paper apps I would send snail mail.