Ellen's Birthday

Discussion in 'In Memory of ellen_a' started by kinderkids, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Feb 24, 2008

Today would have been Ellen's 26th birthday. I am sure this is a difficult day for her entire family, particularly her twin. Just wanted to let them know they are in my thoughts and prayers today.

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Feb 24, 2008

That's nice of you to remember. Happy Birthday Ellen.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 24, 2008

Sending some prayers for her twin and family to make it through the day.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 24, 2008

Sending some good thoughts to them on this tough day!!! The firsts are always the toughest.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Feb 24, 2008

My prayers are with her family.

7. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Feb 24, 2008

I think about Ellen a lot especially when there is a difficult special ed. question. I always what Ellen_a will say?:(.

I also send my prayers to her twin and the rest of her family. Happy first Heaven Birthday Ellen_a!!!

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2008

Thanks for letting us know this, kinderkids. Happy Birthday to Ellen's twin, and best wishes to all of her family.

9. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Feb 24, 2008

Kinder, you read my mind. I'm so glad you started this thread. Happy Birthday Ellen and to her sister. I'm sure it's been a difficult year.

God Bless

10. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Feb 24, 2008

I have been thinking of her as well. I thought of her when the discussion came up of how the board has changed. I thought of how much I missed her replies and funny stories. She always had the best answers for how regular ed teachers could realistically serve all children.
    Prayers to her family :hugs:

11. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Feb 24, 2008

She had great adivce. She had some good stories. She had a cute one about losing her teeth in her sister's pancake and leaving a funny note for the tooth fairy.

Happy Birthday Ellen :hugs:

12. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Feb 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Ellen_A's twin, may the lord be with you during this difficult time. :hugs:

13. purplecrazy21

purplecrazy21 Comrade

Feb 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Ellen and her twin. I miss the advice she gave on this board too. Her family is in my prayers. I'm sure this is a bitter sweet day for them.

14. kate_a

kate_a Rookie

Mar 5, 2008

I just wanted to say how touched I was that you all remembered Ellen on her birthday, as well as me. My sister was an amazing person, and was truly my best friend, so the idea of turning 26 without her was an emotional & frightening experience for me. But I made it through the first birthday, and will make it through many to come. I'm very lucky to have a strong support system of family & friends who did everything possible to make the day a positive experience for me (as much as it could be).

My family, friends, and I continue to deal with the very up-and-down nature of grief, but I'm happy to say that while there are still many rough days and setbacks, things in general have slowly begun to feel better. We appreciate everyone's support and concern, and find comfort in knowing that Ellen was very simply a wonderful person who continues to be missed by many.