Eligibility Pool

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ChiliPepper, Jul 22, 2020.

1. ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper Rookie

Jul 22, 2020

I have read the posts in this forum about eligibility pools from many years past. Can anyone who has recently gone through the interview process comment on if anything has significantly changed? What was the eligibility pool interview process like? Next steps? School assignment? Time frame?

My eligibility pool interview is with a huge school district. If I am given an offer for a position at a school that is not in an ideal location (too far, long drive in traffic...), and I decline, do I go back into the pool? Or am I blacklisted?

Thanks!

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 22, 2020

It depends on the district. Years ago I interviewed for a district and was accepted into the eligibility pool. Unfortunately, no positions for which I was qualified opened up, so I didn’t get a job there. Last year my hoosband interviewed for a different district and was accepted into the eligibility pool, but his acceptance came with an actual contract, which he signed. The contract meant that the district was guaranteeing him a position. He then had an opportunity to interview with schools, and he got to choose the position he wanted. He had the opportunity to decline positions at particular schools without repercussion, although I suspect that at some point it would be possible to exhaust all available positions—I don’t know what would happen at that point.

4. ChiliPepper

ChiliPepper Rookie

Jul 23, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experiences. This forum is so awesome! Everyone here is so helpful!