Elementary teachers who are Blogspot/Blogger-ites

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 2, 2013

Hello! A co-worker (first grade Gifted) met up with me this morning at Dunkin' Donuts to talk about blogging and website creation. I always feel bad when I tell people how I made my website-- free-handed in Adobe Photoshop CS5, then coded with HTML. I've been a code nerd since I started my first domain in college in 2001; I cannot help myself! :woot: (Ummm....) :whistle:

She was talking about starting a Blogspot, though. I have one, also, so I was excited to share my experiences in making and maintaining it.

I have questions for fellow friends who have gone this route. I may share this information with my co-worker.

1. What is your Blogspot/Blogger URL? I love connecting with others-- making websites and friends who share interests via the Internet has been a passion of mine since my first Tripod site in 1999. :cool:
    2. Do you have more than one? I am considering starting one my fifth graders maintain, too. This would be new for me; I've been toying around with the idea for YEARS, but the idea never came to light.
    3. Where do you find your graphics, or do you make them yourself? (I was trying to think of sites to share with her this morning...)
    4. What do you suggest for those starting out on Blogspot? (I was telling her to share files every once in a while along with pictures, making sure she had parents fill out a permission slip for her students to be pictured online, that if she does Teachers Pay Teachers that she talks about her files every once in a while... I didn't know much else to say.) :)

3. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jul 2, 2013

http://teachinglovecupcakes.blogspot.com/

I'm still a newbie blogger, so mine is still basic. After a year of blog stalking I decided to create my own. I'll start adding freebies and teaching things as it gets closer to school.
    I love My Cute Graphics and Lettering Delights. There's another awesome free source called Cora Mae Design. Tons of cute graphics and digital papers are available there. I'd love to learn how to make some graphics on my own eventually.

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 2, 2013

Thank you!! I always love learning about new graphics sites. I'll send on the recommendations to her.

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 2, 2013

I'll pm you mine.

I actually paid to have my web design done last summer-I'm really not that tech-savvy, so I'm not even exactly sure if that's what you mean by graphics. It didn't cost very much and I loved how it came out-it's so me!

Advice: comment on other blogs. Sometimes I'm really hesitant to do that, but it helps so much in making connections with other bloggers. And just to be herself-I love reading posts when people's personalities and passions really come through.

6. Lotte

Lotte Companion

Jul 5, 2013

I have a blogspot blog for Teachers as well, but it's in Norwegian so I doubt it would be interesting to you ;)

However, I really haven't figured out how to share files on blogspot. That's what I've been wanting to do all along.

:help: Any idea as of where I can find out how to share files?

7. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 5, 2013

I've been using Blogger for years and have been very happy with it. I love that it is super simple to use, but that you can also get a bit fancier when you learn some tricks. Basically there's room to grow.

My blog is www.CFClassroom.com

My advice would be to decide on a focus for the blog and make it her theme. I never share pictures of students. There are plenty of sites that will design it for her. I create all of my own blog graphics in photoshop.

I've always loved your blog so she went to the right source for advice. :)

8. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2013

I haven´t posted on mine since May but I am currently creating some Math Bump games and I will share it on there once it is done. I just had a super busy year being at a new school and grade. I hope to get back into blogging more consistently. http://notesinfirstgrade.blogspot.mx/

9. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 6, 2013

Cool, I can just send the link of this thread to my colleague :)

And by the way, I did an awful job of updating last year.

10. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 6, 2013

I liked your site. I bought your TpT Narrative Writing Prompts.

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 6, 2013

I love iheartrecess!!! :cool: So super-talented :)