Elementary school teachers help me plz

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by tonythestudent, May 3, 2005.

1. tonythestudent

tonythestudent New Member

May 3, 2005

Hi, my name is Tony and i am a high school senior that has this senior project that i have do do because it is a graduation requirement. So anyways, my project is on becoming a teacher and so i hope you guys can help me out by answering the questions below.

You just post below with your answers or just email me at tonyishot@gmail.com. Thank you for your time.

Please state your name (or u can just put ur last name, i.e. Mrs. Williams), what grade u teach, and where u teach (i.e. Oakland,California)

1. How did you get to your present position?

2. Describe a typical work day and work week.

3. What are the most rewarding aspects of your job? The least rewarding?

4. What type of skills and experience are necessary and most helpful in your career?

5. How does your career affect your life style?

6. Do you have any advice for someone like me who is planning to start a career in this field?

7. How did you know you wanted to become a teacher?

8. What did you learn as a teacher that couldn't be taught in a college course?

9. What do teachers do during the summer?

10. Can u name some classes that u have taken in college that is beneficial for my teaching career?(also plz state what college u went to if thats okay)

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 3, 2005

Lool for an e-mail.

4. tonythestudent

tonythestudent New Member

May 3, 2005

^^^^Miss W check your email

5. Miss J

Miss J Rookie

May 3, 2005

Check Your Email!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 3, 2005

Behavior management, classroom management are crucial!!

7. aussiejen

aussiejen Rookie

May 5, 2005

Hi Tony

I've sent you an email

8. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 5, 2005

:eek: Oops! Guess I need to watch where I'm typing. I typed it in the subject. You should have a new e-mail coming, hopefully in the correct format.

9. charterteacher

charterteacher Rookie

May 6, 2005

Please state your name (or u can just put ur last name, i.e. Mrs. Williams), what grade u teach, and where u teach (i.e. Oakland,California)
    I teach Kindergarten in Floida.
    1. How did you get to your present position?
    Interviewed for it.
    2. Describe a typical work day and work week.
    Circle time, handwriting, reading, special area. Lunch. recess. Math, Social studies/Science, centers. pack up to go home. Same everyday!!
    3. What are the most rewarding aspects of your job? The least rewarding?
    Most rewarding is having a child "get it"; learn how to read; love school/learning. least rewarding: dealing with NCLB, administration and uncaring parents.
    4. What type of skills and experience are necessary and most helpful in your career?
    Patience, flexibility, versitility, creativity, the love of learning, unafraid of challenges and being able to think on your feet
    5. How does your career affect your life style? I tend to do things that relate to education; take my son to educational places and use alot of "teachable moments"!
    6. Do you have any advice for someone like me who is planning to start a career in this field? ]Make sure it's the right career for you. You have to love teaching to be a good teacher.
    7. How did you know you wanted to become a teacher? I first started teaching as a teacher's aid when I was in 5th grade. I instantly knew it was the career for me. I've been doing it ever since.
    8. What did you learn as a teacher that couldn't be taught in a college course?
    ]Everything you teach will not be learned. All lessons will not go over as well as you thought they would. All children will not respond to you in the same way. School administrators suck!!
    9. What do teachers do during the summer?
    The same thing anyone does. Go to the beach, relax and have fun!
    10. Can u name some classes that u have taken in college that is beneficial for my teaching career?(also plz state what college u went to if thats okay)
    All of them!!

10. Sarah Leigh Ann

Sarah Leigh Ann Companion

May 7, 2005

I sent you an email